I’m concerned about my bearded dragon after she had a weird poop

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, before she pooped she was eating her greens. But, had a darker beard. It got worse right before she pooped. Sometimes this happens. After she pooped it had still been dark. Normally it goes back to normal. It has been 2 hours. The poop was diarrhea. It might have been a hard urate. But the urate itself was in tiny pieces. Right after she pooped she wanted some greens. But, not that it has been a little while she doesn’t really want them. She does still want her crickets. Im not sure what is happening. Will she get worse?

Also, I gave her a cricket to chase. And it went real bright just chasing the cricket. However, it darkened up again shortly after.

Attachments

• DB9BFAD0-64A8-423F-822F-4F690C9E6842.jpeg
    DB9BFAD0-64A8-423F-822F-4F690C9E6842.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 5F066C44-5D06-4A57-BEE3-E8F5AF15CB23.jpeg
    5F066C44-5D06-4A57-BEE3-E8F5AF15CB23.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 7F7B84D6-9FEF-44DE-B024-48950B565215.jpeg
    7F7B84D6-9FEF-44DE-B024-48950B565215.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

I wouldn't worry too much about the black bearding if it isn't black for long periods of time.
Are the insects too large for her, possibly?
Try giving some oral fluids using a plastic dropper & dripping it on the end of her nose. Since she has had a looser than normal stool, she can get dehydrated if her fluids aren't replaced.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
I just wanted to add because I realized I made it confusing. She black bearded on her first poop for about 2 hours before going. Then, in between her first and second poop she had a dark beard for about 3-4 hours. She wanted her crickets. And started getting picket with the greens after her second poop. Shortly after her second poop, she had a brighter beard and was willing to eat any green I handed her. Her second poop looked good. I just wanted to add that because I’m not sure if that would count as long periods of time or not with a dark beard.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No problem at all. How is she doing today? Is she
still eating some greens now?
If she went to bed with a black beard & woke up with
a black beard, that would be worrisome.
Is she eating her crickets also without any trouble?
I hope she is doing better!

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

No problem at all. How is she doing today? Is she
still eating some greens now?
If she went to bed with a black beard & woke up with
a black beard, that would be worrisome.
Is she eating her crickets also without any trouble?
I hope she is doing better!

Tracie
Hello, she did not go to bed with a black beard. It went bright a short while after she finished all her poops. And she ate her greens after a little while as well. She is eating her crickets good. She did this poop a while ago now. You helped me figure out the urates in another post. Her last poop she had a bright beard and was eating her greens well. And the urate seemed good. Thank you very much for helping me!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific she is doing much better now! At
least she is eating her greens, thankfully. I'm glad
I could help out & that her urates are improved also.
It sounds like she is eating her crickets well too.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

That is terrific she is doing much better now! At
least she is eating her greens, thankfully. I'm glad
I could help out & that her urates are improved also.
It sounds like she is eating her crickets well too.

Tracie
Yes, thank you very much!!! She is eating her greens and her crickets! Earlier today she also wanted to eat my fingers and she keeps chasing them!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I also answered on your other thread, too. I am glad to hear she has a great appetite now for
eating her greens & crickets. I hope that she continues to improve for you now. Keep your fingers
out of the way!

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom