I’m concerned about my bearded dragon after she had a weird poop

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, before she pooped she was eating her greens. But, had a darker beard. It got worse right before she pooped. Sometimes this happens. After she pooped it had still been dark. Normally it goes back to normal. It has been 2 hours. The poop was diarrhea. It might have been a hard urate. But the urate itself was in tiny pieces. Right after she pooped she wanted some greens. But, not that it has been a little while she doesn’t really want them. She does still want her crickets. Im not sure what is happening. Will she get worse?

Also, I gave her a cricket to chase. And it went real bright just chasing the cricket. However, it darkened up again shortly after.

Attachments

• DB9BFAD0-64A8-423F-822F-4F690C9E6842.jpeg
    DB9BFAD0-64A8-423F-822F-4F690C9E6842.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 5F066C44-5D06-4A57-BEE3-E8F5AF15CB23.jpeg
    5F066C44-5D06-4A57-BEE3-E8F5AF15CB23.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 7F7B84D6-9FEF-44DE-B024-48950B565215.jpeg
    7F7B84D6-9FEF-44DE-B024-48950B565215.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She just pooped again, and her beard is looking better. So, hopefully that is all it is.

Attachments

• 16DCCE5F-1426-49BD-9662-84F46BBD74C0.jpeg
    16DCCE5F-1426-49BD-9662-84F46BBD74C0.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 22

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
The second photo definitely shows black bearding something is not right. How long ago have you replaced the UVB? Is it a Tube light? It could have something to do with lighting if it has not been replaced in a while.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
The second photo definitely shows black bearding something is not right. How long ago have you replaced the UVB? Is it a Tube light? It could have something to do with lighting if it has not been replaced in a while.
It has been replace recently maybe a couple of weeks ago. It is a tube light. Sometimes the photos make it look darker than it is. It never looked that vibrant of a black. It’s been mostly dark brown.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I wouldn't worry too much about the black bearding if it isn't black for long periods of time.
Are the insects too large for her, possibly?
Try giving some oral fluids using a plastic dropper & dripping it on the end of her nose. Since she has had a looser than normal stool, she can get dehydrated if her fluids aren't replaced.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

I wouldn't worry too much about the black bearding if it isn't black for long periods of time.
Are the insects too large for her, possibly?
Try giving some oral fluids using a plastic dropper & dripping it on the end of her nose. Since she has had a looser than normal stool, she can get dehydrated if her fluids aren't replaced.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Ok, I’ll do that. I believe her crickets aren’t too large. They are smaller than in between her eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom