Hydrometer that alerts me

Waco

Beardie name(s)
Waco and Red
Can anyone lead me in the right direction for a hydrometer that i can put in the tank and will alert me when temp is too low or high? Waco seems to be doing well except for the recent poo surrounded by water. Went have a fecal tested this week and they didn’t see any parasites 🙌🏼. But after googling for 24hrs i am now putting a repti sun inside tank and che bulb on top of screen and concerned about the humidity getting to low on the basking side since i installed the digital hydrometers.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can anyone lead me in the right direction for a hydrometer that i can put in the tank and will alert me when temp is too low or high? Waco seems to be doing well except for the recent poo surrounded by water. Went have a fecal tested this week and they didn’t see any parasites 🙌🏼. But after googling for 24hrs i am now putting a repti sun inside tank and che bulb on top of screen and concerned about the humidity getting to low on the basking side since i installed the digital hydrometers.
You didnt mention a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- are you using the CHE as a basking bulb if you are please dont- they are only good for heat at night so to speak - you want a good basking bulb one that keeps temps for a adult dragon 95-100 and for a baby less than 5 months 105-110 those need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- the hygrometer I recommend a digital probe thermometer placed on the center back wall of the tank - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% -
what Reptisun bulb are you getting? A T 5 or a T 8 - those have specific placement and distance - and they expire at different times as well -- when you get it please post back on here I will help you get it set up for your tank -- screen determines the placement but I think you said you want it in the tank which is good depending on the height of the tank -- you want at least 18 inches

Waco

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Waco and Red
The Che bulb is only for night heat. Basing bulb we have on top of the mesh as well as the uvb light. We wanted to go inside so that the screen doesn’t take away from the uvb its getting. We are actually babysitting another right now so they are both in cage. No they will not live together forever. We Will be getting the other cage once the owner comes back. They get along well together. They did the whole wave thing at first. I’m at home w them all day long and watch them like a hawk during the day. Will the hygrometer send me alerts? Bc that’s what i def need. I saw the big bulky ones for the home but i fear they will be scared of it. The humidity on basking side has dropped below 15% a few times yesterday and it freaks me out. If we go w light above the screen then it’ll be t5 but inside will be the t8.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The Che bulb is only for night heat. Basing bulb we have on top of the mesh as well as the uvb light. We wanted to go inside so that the screen doesn’t take away from the uvb its getting. We are actually babysitting another right now so they are both in cage. No they will not live together forever. We Will be getting the other cage once the owner comes back. They get along well together. They did the whole wave thing at first. I’m at home w them all day long and watch them like a hawk during the day. Will the hygrometer send me alerts? Bc that’s what i def need. I saw the big bulky ones for the home but i fear they will be scared of it. The humidity on basking side has dropped below 15% a few times yesterday and it freaks me out. If we go w light above the screen then it’ll be t5 but inside will be the t8.
Depending on how big the tank is you only need one UVB --- and I would go w/ the T 5---- please post when you get it ---- as far as the dragons your playing w/ fire--- they are territorial and SHOULD NEVER be kept together --- one could have one dead or severely maimed in a split second--- please separate them now --- put one in a 20 gallon tote till you get another tank and besides that the other visitor could have something that will pass on to the yours ----- as far as the hygrometer goes I have never heard of one that alerts --- 15% isnt too bad but you can always add a bowl of water to the tank basking side and see how high it will go

Waco

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Waco and Red
Depending on how big the tank is you only need one UVB --- and I would go w/ the T 5---- please post when you get it ---- as far as the dragons your playing w/ fire--- they are territorial and SHOULD NEVER be kept together --- one could have one dead or severely maimed in a split second--- please separate them now --- put one in a 20 gallon tote till you get another tank and besides that the other visitor could have something that will pass on to the yours ----- as far as the hygrometer goes I have never heard of one that alerts --- 15% isnt too bad but you can always add a bowl of water to the tank basking side and see how high it will go
I put two water dishes and still didn’t change. I even Put a humidifier on outside and didn’t change except maybe up’d it to 17% the only thing that’s working on basking side is me misting it when i see if it’s low and that only lasts a lil while. The other beardies tank will def be here sooner than later. I stay home and am w them 98% of the day and watch them like hawks and also have them out w me at dif times. I understand your concern tho. But i literally stay watching and checking them. They even know when bed time is fixing to be and they go to “their spots” which are in totally dif spots of cage. It’s been like this for a month now. After the timing being so long that’s when i told the owner i need the cage here to separate them which will be in a few days. They are 3mos and 5mos old. Pretty sure both are females too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I put two water dishes and still didn’t change. I even Put a humidifier on outside and didn’t change except maybe up’d it to 17% the only thing that’s working on basking side is me misting it when i see if it’s low and that only lasts a lil while. The other beardies tank will def be here sooner than later. I stay home and am w them 98% of the day and watch them like hawks and also have them out w me at dif times. I understand your concern tho. But i literally stay watching and checking them. They even know when bed time is fixing to be and they go to “their spots” which are in totally dif spots of cage. It’s been like this for a month now. After the timing being so long that’s when i told the owner i need the cage here to separate them which will be in a few days. They are 3mos and 5mos old. Pretty sure both are females too.
Ok good I thought they were older dragons ---- the 5 month old will more than likely dominate the enclosure and start to pick on the little one here soon -- so the sooner the better -- the T 8 in the tank needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor the T 5 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor as far as the humidity place the humidifier right next to the tank and see what it does --- I had one placed in between my two tanks over the winter sitting on a low filing cabinet

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom