Husbandry Questions

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello!
For context, I used to lurk constantly on here looking for info on how to best care for my beardie, but left a few years back. Recently though I started coming across new information I haven't heard of before, so I'm worried my care and setup may be outdated/incorrect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

This is Marta, she's six years old. Her terrarium is 100*50*50cm with T5 12% Arcadia UVB and a 75w exoterra daylight basking light. I feed her dubia roaches twice a week (she usually eats around 10-15 adult roaches per feeding) and daily salad consisting of escarole and a bit of radicchio, plus occasionally other fruits/veggies for variety (carrots, bell pepper, etc). I dust her food with Repcal phosphorus-free calcium with D3 5 times a week and Repcal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamins twice a week. The bottom of the enclosure is non-adhesive shelf liner that I spot clean as necessary and wash with warm water once a week.
She seems healthy, although I do feel like she spends a lot of her time in her cave. Is it ok to have t5 uvb fixed inside the enclosure? Could it be too much for her?

Attachments

• 16785508253314471524546864267345.jpg
    16785508253314471524546864267345.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230311_164505.jpg
    IMG_20230311_164505.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!
For context, I used to lurk constantly on here looking for info on how to best care for my beardie, but left a few years back. Recently though I started coming across new information I haven't heard of before, so I'm worried my care and setup may be outdated/incorrect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

This is Marta, she's six years old. Her terrarium is 100*50*50cm with T5 12% Arcadia UVB and a 75w exoterra daylight basking light. I feed her dubia roaches twice a week (she usually eats around 10-15 adult roaches per feeding) and daily salad consisting of escarole and a bit of radicchio, plus occasionally other fruits/veggies for variety (carrots, bell pepper, etc). I dust her food with Repcal phosphorus-free calcium with D3 5 times a week and Repcal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamins twice a week. The bottom of the enclosure is non-adhesive shelf liner that I spot clean as necessary and wash with warm water once a week.
She seems healthy, although I do feel like she spends a lot of her time in her cave. Is it ok to have t5 uvb fixed inside the enclosure? Could it be too much for her?
Welcome back- the first thing I noticed is Marta needs a bigger tank -- sorry it looks really small I did the conversion and I think your using a 70 gallon tank ? I would look at getting her into something bigger like a 120 gallon tank 4x2x2 -- just a suggestion-- dragons like floor space -- next the Arcadia is a great bulb and yes it does need to be in the tank -- approx 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- how are you getting your surface basking termps? I dont see any temp gauges -- you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps -- 95-100 F for her -- next you want the cool side of the tank 80ish F- I am not sure why shes hiding in the cave so much tho -- it looks like she can sit out of those caves w/ out sitting under the UVB all the time so thats a good thing- I would cut back on the D3 tho- w/ her UVB she only needs it once a week on the insects and she is eating a lot of roaches too -- if shes eating salads as good as you posted she doesnt need the vitamins - shes getting the nutrients from her greens etc that your feeding her --

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom