Hurt Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHerb

We’ve had our Beardie a week or so now and we’ve al fallen in love but the dog is not so keen so we’ve been putting her outside when we interact however today my son opened the viv just a little to get the poo out and the little baby jumped out and the dog caught it in his mouth just for a second before my son quickly saved him - we’ve noticed the baby had a tiny cut on it’s tummy from this and it bled for just a few seconds - I’m so sad and I just don’t know what to do - Do you think it’s going to be ok ? It’s running around and eating as normal ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thats good I suggest you take the dog out of the room and not let him near the dragon- hes probably traumatized the dragon-- he needs to be put up on something the dog cant get to or see the dragon-- keep an eye on the cut and the dragons behavior ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry to hear that happened, it is unfortunate when these things occur. Most of the time,
dogs are ok around them, but when they are so tiny it isn't a good idea.
If he/she is running around normally & eating everything should be fine. If you want to post
a picture of the cut, we can take a look. If you have any antibiotic ointment, or raw unpasteurized
honey that can help ward off infection.

Tracie

EHerb

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies I was so worried last night it looks so delicate and it’s tummy is very soft I thought the dog must of done some damage - I think he was a little stressed but he ate last night a couple of bugs and he’s has pooped today and running around
It’s not bleeding but I can still see the line where the cut it
I have some manuka honey it’s not a strong one tho does it matter ? Should I use it ? How much ?
I’ll try and post a pic if I can work out how to do it - it is just a couple of mm around his left armpit

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is it a just a liitle cut or did the dog bite down hard ( in which case the canine teeth "impaled" the little dragon's body , if this is the case , it's very easy for major organs to be damaged , ruptured , and the dragon has suffered life threatening internal injuries to it's major organs ).

Dogs have the tendency of shake what they catch too, this can cause broken bones and broken backs .

I STRONGLY ADVICE a urgent vet visit to assess the dragon and determine what injuries have been sustained. I wouldn't wait .

EHerb

Original Poster
Enough for it to bleed for just a few seconds but not sure if it went in deep or not that’s what worries me but it seems fine - the dog didn’t shake it it wasn’t in its mouth that long as soon as the dog caught it my son grabbed it out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's eating + running around and the wound is already healing then there is no problem. If he had a deep injury or organ rupture he would be very lethargic and not active so he seems to have escaped any real injury. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get a chance to upload some
for us. It sounds like he is healing well since he is active & eating. He probably doesn't
need a vet visit right now.
I am happy to hear that he is going to be alright!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom