Hurricane Beardie Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurricane Irma is about to hit my state and I need tips on how to keep my beardie healthy. The power is going to go out since it's estimated to be a category three hurricane once it hits my area. We don't need shelter since my house can withstand that. We've bought heat packs, hand warmers, and extra crickets. If I run out of crickets can he go without them for at least a day or two? Of course, I don't want him to, but it might be what happens. What else can I do throughout the storm to keep him as happy as possible?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like you are prepared. Make sure you have something to take him in just in case you have to leave. If you need to you can also hold him under your coat so you can share your body warmth. If he is an adult or close to adult he would be fine without food for a couple of days. You can also keep some baby food turkey/chicken and greenbeans, squash or sweet potato babyfood to mix up if you run out of crickets.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Handwarmers wrapped in a cloth should do the trick if your power goes out. You can feed greens if you run out of livefood. I'd suggest not feeding any livefood if power goes out due to needing heat and light to digest.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is he ?

If he's under 6 months , and needs at least two feeds of insects per day , I'd have Repashi GrubPie on hand as a backup.

So long as it's warmer than 30 degrees in the house , he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom