Humidity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leibe001

Ok my question is what is a good humidity level inside the viv, my is registering between 40% and 45% usually, I live in FL so sometimes the humidity can get pretty bad around here. Is this ok or does it need to be lower? I have no water dish in the viv and I do not mist him inside it either, the only water in the tank is what I sprinkle on the the veggies everyday, which I do in the kitchen when I prepare them, and it is literally only enough to moisten the veggies no pool of water or anything. If the humidity does need to be lower how do you recommend I do that, would a small sack of rice to absorb water be ok, do you think that would work? Any suggestions?

Nikki1292

45% is getting a little high but if it's lower than 50% it's ok. Between 40% and under would be better. As for lowering it, I've never heard of rice lowering humidity. Do you have a dehumidifier? I use one when it gets really humid and it lowers it perfectly most of the time.

paperplanes

Juvie Member
my humidity is usually high like that sometimes even up here in canada. we have awful unpredictable weather in alberta. Anyways what i do is i open the patio and front door downstairs and let the air circulate through my room. i cannot open my bedroom window because it cools the heat lamp. lots of air flow will reduce humidity. try to avoid putting a fan in your room, i tried that, and my beardie got scared and hid behind his rock. but yeah, try to position your tank in a well ventilated area, good airflow should reduce humidity. or pick up a cheap dehumidifier from walmart.

leibe001

Original Poster
Ok the reason I was thinking rice was because in salt you can put rice in your shaker to keep the moisture out, just a thought but I will look into a dehumidifier! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom