Humidity too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristen623

I know there was a post somewhere about the humidity being too high but I can't find it so I am posting a new one. Sorry for the repeat. Well, for my 4 month old Rango, I am using a 20 gallon tank, carpet subtrate, 75 watt zoo med bulb with dimmer for the basking side, which reads 105 degrees with a digital thermometer. The cool side I have a household 60 watt lamp & reads about 75-80 degrees. The UVB light is a 10.0 reptisun. I also have a heat pad on the hot side of the tank under his basking rock that I turn on at night as it gets a little chilly in the house. The needle thermometer I have stuck to the inner wall of the tank, more towards the hot side has been reading 40% humidity and at night 50% humidity. Is there a way to fix this?

enclosure.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
IME the dial humidity readers like that are just as inaccurate as they are for reading temperature.
Your humidity might be lower with a reliable tool to measure it.

If there is a walmart near you, they sell a really good digital thermometer with a probe that also reads the humidity level for around 12$.
It's called the acu-rite digital thermometer with probe.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No problem.

Report back to use, let us know if the new hygrometer helped :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom