Humidity Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jera47

So I got this excavator clay for my substrate and I made a few rocks and cave. He loves it...the only issue I have is keeping the humidity where it needs to be...its about 7-10% lower than needed...any suggestions other than getting rid of the substrate? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Jera47":1dfn520v said:
So I got this excavator clay for my substrate and I made a few rocks and cave. He loves it...the only issue I have is keeping the humidity where it needs to be...its about 7-10% lower than needed...any suggestions other than getting rid of the substrate? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Several, but it depends on what humidity range you're looking for.
First, I'm not an advocate of particulate substrates.
The Best (And Safest) Substrates for Bearded Dragons
Choosing The Best Substrate for a Bearded Dragon
Choosing the Best Substrate for Bearded Dragons (I find the table particularly useful)

That said, I have live beardie-safe succulents in my enclosure. It was still too dry, so I added some herbs, which raised the humidity via aspiration to my target range of 30%-40% (55% at night).
More suggestions can be found among these articles:
how to raise humidity for bearded dragon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Humidity is usually not an issue at all, unless it's too high.
Does the excavator clay need a certain humidity maintained to stay effective? I'm not familiar with it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseSkull
Top Bottom