Humidity and water bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Ok...in need of some clarification here: Cool side of tank is 82 degrees and 32% humidity. Basking spot is about 99-105 degrees depending on how high he feels like climbing, and humidity is 23%. I have a water dish in his tank, he is 4 weeks old. With all lights out over night temps fall between 70-72 degrees. Is this healthy? He seems great. Lighting is as recommended at this site.

My confusion...do I remove the water dish? Do I mist him outside of his enclosure? If so how often? (I know not to mist the tank at all). How often do I give him a bath and should they be 15 minutes at a time? Should I be offering him water from a dropper or anything?

I apologize but the humidity levels and water dishes are confusing me. As are the correct bathing schedules and longevity. Should his veggies come out when lights go out also...I'd assume so but I'm just getting all of my questions out there. One more: how many crickets should he be eating in a day? They're offered 3 times a day but he's only eating a total of between 15-23 along with fresh veggies all day.

He does have a hide out to escape the heat if he chooses but rarely ever leaves his basking area.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any and all suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

A0FE45B1-14F6-4880-AA2F-2EE30DCB4301-4985-000004C0C37ED7AC.jpg

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). Cute beardie! If the humidity goes above 40% I would take the water out. Otherwise it is fine. You can most outside the tank. I give baths everyother day for 15 mins at a time because mine don't drink water and beardies can absorb water through their vent. You should feed 2-3 times a day as muc food as they can eat in 15 mins.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Based on the info I provided, do you think he's eating enough crickets? And how LOW is too low for humidity?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I think he could eat some more if he wants too. My female never would eat a lot but my male eats a lot! Like he ate 200 crickets in 4 days. I would say below 20 is too low for humidity. But I am unsure about that because I don't really check my humidity very often.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much! The humidity levels is what is most confusing right now. We just got a bigger tank so it wil hopefully be easier to control both temp and humidity. He seems to be acting just fine. I really want to clear up the humidity issue and figure out if he's eating enough. He's eating on average 18 to 20 crickets a day and fresh veggies are always readily available. At the moment he is actually drinking from his water dish...so apparently in his 4 weeks of life he's figured that part out :) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom