Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion

Hatchling Member
I was at the pet store the other day and asked the girl about the dragon(schnitzle) i bought a couple months back.
I said that she was just a regular beardie right. She said yes. I says " So her parents. are regulars right?"
She said no actually, Tango is the daddy, and she showed me him. She said he is a sandfire. Then she said she didnt know
off hand which one was the mom, there were 3 possibilties, but 2 were different morphs, and one was a normal.

My question is if both parents are morphs can the offspring be normals?
Schnitzle has a little red near her mouth and a tiny bit above her eye.
but she is pretty much white and black. Does this sound possible?

Here is a baby pic

DSC00582Small.jpg

Here is a pic today. 8 days shy of 4 months what a tank! 13" already

DSC00871.jpg

Thanks in advance for anyinfo!

Xine

Hi

I stay in South Africa and there are many beardies here with a little red by the eye!
Id say it makes 'em unique!!!

Xine

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, usually no matter what morph the parents are there are at least a few offspring that are normals.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I would say there are "color" morphs(citrus, red flame, snow, orange), and then there are "physical" morphs(hypo, translucent, leatherback, smoothie). Sandfire is a company labeled bloodline like other known bloodlines(Chris Allen Red, Cyndi Red, etc...)where breeder information is needed to establish the link.

I think if you want to declare a "color" morph for your dragon, it is up to you. A normal "color" would be browns and greys.

A visual "physical" morph is more definitive because of the trait involved. In these bloodlines of recessive traits there is a category of offspring that do not have the visual trait, but are hets (non visual carriers) or normals (not carrying the gene).

Jeff

scion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. Went back in and talked to the girl that worked there. She told me that the father was half sandfire and half "normal".
And the mother is half citrus and half "normal, so i guess that makes a little more sense to me now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom