How you named your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
I named him Spike, due to the Great Spikes he has. I love the spikes he has. I am sure this is probably the most common name for Bearded Dragons. LOL
10458851_10202427407866280_7031881415535205874_n.jpg

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
Crewdog00":1xxia766 said:
I named him Spike, due to the Great Spikes he has. I love the spikes he has. I am sure this is probably the most common name for Bearded Dragons. LOL
Yup, ours is "Spike" also.
He was named by a class of 3rd graders by way of a vote. I don't know what the other choices were.

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
Norbert! I love Harry Potter and Hagrid's baby dragon seemed like the perfect fit. Though I'm not sure if he's a boy, (he's too young to be sexed) the Norbert in the book turned out to be a girl, so I'm good either way!

I swing nunchucks all the time. I even go and far to make my own out of wood. It all stemmed from my love of Bruce lee movies. So " Bruce Lee the dragon" seemed like a perfect name!

Mephsito

My first dragon was named after Edgar Allan Poe, as I have admired his writing since middle school way back when.

Since he passed without having offspring (I never plan to breed dragons), I decided that my next dragon should be named after a character in one of his musings.

I always found "The Cask of Amontillado" to be a favorite and since the new baby beardie is fire red, Montresor he was thus named. Plus I didn't want to name him Fortunato, As he needs to not be walled up and left for well you know the story. ;)

Found it fitting to have a "legacy" of sorts to Poe, Edgar Allan Poe :mrgreen:

KendraA

Hatchling Member
My beardie is also named after a writer! He's Wallace, after Wallace Stegner, one of my favorite authors. It's fitting, since beardies evolved in a semi-desert climate, and Wallace Stegner writes mainly about the arid West. Wallace and I live in the Midwest currently, but this way we can both be homesick for the desert together :)

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
I named my dragon after her coloration and general over all personality. Her name is Honey because she's sweet and sticks to me all day long. Not to mention she's a beautiful golden yellow/orange color. Originally her name was Poppy but then after I started seeing her personality change as she grew up more I decided to change it to Honey. Most of my animals are named after quirks, personality or come to be randomly! My favorite name for any of my pets was my Chinese praying mantis, Stabbitha. I really enjoy names that sound humanish but with a spin. My friend named her dragon, Rexanne. It's the cutest name ever for a beardie in my opinion!

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
I had been in the car, after choosing my little guy. My mom and I were deciding on a name. I was thinking about Kraken, but then decided that that name would fit a different dragon I had almost chosen. I had then saw the name Kahli. I pronounced it wrong, but we decided it fit the little guy perfectly. (even with wrong pronunciation.) So, that is how I chose my beardie's name. nothing exciting, but still. (I pronounce Kahli as Cal-li)

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Ours were named after characters from Borderlands. Hence Marley and Moe. Luckily Moe can be used for a girl or boy... As it turned out the good folks on here helped us realise Moe was infact female instead of the male we'd been told she was from the start :lol: Seems so long ago now.

Surfbeam

I named my female bearded dragon Pearl! I named her that because in my small town (pop. 1250) there is a sex offender named Pearl! Soooo Yah!

Castleberrie

I got my first bearded dragon almost 1 year ago (and I have a feeling I will have many more in the future). I named her Lady Olga after a famous bearded lady in the circus. Bearded lady name for my bearded lady. Lady O or lizard breath for short. :)

Love to hear the methods people use for names!!

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
I named mine Sandy because she is a sandy color. If "she" actually turns out to be a "he" then we'll change her name to Jimmy just because it sounds cute. She's the lighter one.
1zx7hxd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom