Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
one of my favorite video game series, breath of fire, revolves around dragons

the first game, the best dragon form you could obtain was called "agni"

and viola, i have named my dragon

IHeartNerds

This is Isabella (Izzy) who was named by my 10 year old daughter. I was fighting for Cornelia because I'm a huge PotA fan.

Izzy the Lizzy.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
We have Rosie and Frankie, named after two lovers that a German exchange student saw on TV.
We also have Kitty, who used to be called Teensy, but she became too big and fat to be called that anymore, so we named her Kitty because of the long, pretty spikes on the sides of her face. She looks like she has a lion's mane, so Kitty fits.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Pepper - he was supposed to be red, didn't quite work out... but he's still orange.

Pikelet - used to be called Prickles by her previous owners, who made out that she had a nasty temperament and had bitten them and other dragons. I renamed her because although she does have more spikes than the average beardie, she's one of the nicest natured beardies I know, and very fat... so she became Pikelet, the sweet round beardie.

Charlie - I 'acquired' at three weeks old and so had no idea of her sex... she hatched without eyes and I wanted a strong name.

and Amber - (daughter of Pepper and Pikelet) named for her lovely eyes that are just like her dad's.

:)

Jacqqui

My family has this "K" thing going on so most all of the animals have "K" names.
Kaden, Konner, Kelis, and Kacey!! It drives my vet nuts!!! Kelis is the only one who is supposed to be a girl, but I think Kacey is also. It's to early to tell but either way they can be male or female names.

At least we are not like George Foreman who named all of his son's George Foreman (II, III, IV, and V) :roll: !!!

MikeyxD

For me, i named my bearded dragon Nova. I was in science class when i was skimming through the textbook while my teacher was completely her daily routine of yelling at one of the students when i came across the lesson on supernovas. I saw one that had the same bright orange that my bearded dragon had in a nice pattern on his back so i named it Nova. What also made me choose the name was because i also liked how cool it sounded and because the name could go with either a male or female dragon ( since i am still unsure of Nova's sex).

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
we brought mine home, I spent the whole day trying to think of a name. couldn't settle on any I liked. my grandpa randomly walks past her cage and shouts, "hey poncho!" and it stuck.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Jacqqui":36eo0qxb said:
My family has this "K" thing going on so most all of the animals have "K" names.
Kaden, Konner, Kelis, and Kacey!! It drives my vet nuts!!! Kelis is the only one who is supposed to be a girl, but I think Kacey is also. It's to early to tell but either way they can be male or female names.

At least we are not like George Foreman who named all of his son's George Foreman (II, III, IV, and V) :roll: !!!

:lol:
I'm laughing because we do the same thing, but it started years ago, unintentionally, and we decided to keep it up. Ours are "S" names! The cats are Stormy, Sami, and Saint; then, we bought our BD, and Smaug fit right into the pattern.

Tidus17

Tidus was named after the main character from Final Fantasy X. My husband and I are video game nerds. FFX is one of my favorites. Plus my beardies head spikes kind of reminded me of the video game character's hair. It was fitting.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Reptar got his name from the 90's tv show Rugrats that I grew up on. I knew way before that I wanted to name my beardie that regardless of sex,but since I got him from a breeder I obviously had a choice :lol:

Some of the others are Disney names,which I again grew up with.Tarzan,Simba,Eeyore. I then have Yona (which means bear in Native American),Naga which came off of The Legend of Korra (her polar bear dog) and then Chamander from Pokemon. I adore unique names that not alot of people use :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
mommisgurl":1dvhr4ve said:
Reptar got his name from the 90's tv show Rugrats that I grew up on. I knew way before that I wanted to name my beardie that regardless of sex,but since I got him from a breeder I obviously had a choice :lol:

Some of the others are Disney names,which I again grew up with.Tarzan,Simba,Eeyore. I then have Yona (which means bear in Native American),Naga which came off of The Legend of Korra (her polar bear dog) and then Chamander from Pokemon. I adore unique names that not alot of people use :)

Reptar is a classic...
izpd1s.jpg

Pushkin

Juvie Member
I named mine Pushkin because when I got him, he was so little and old man looking and he just reminded me of a Russian literary figure :lol: And I minored in Russian and lived there for a while, so I have a soft spot for the culture.

I had no idea he'd grow up to be an orange dragon, though! I call him Tiger fairly often now hahah!

SimoneV

I named mine Charlie because i wanted a name that could go for a male and female , cause when i took him home it was difficult to see.

and i liked the name a lot + the australian guy in Lost is named charlie :) haha

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
When we adopted our beardie we were told she was a girl I liked the name Rosie only a week lated we saw her go to the bathroom and reallized he was a she :oops: but we kept the name anyways. I figure if pro football player rosey Grier can pull it off so can my dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom