How to weigh your Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Hey,
I bought a scale today to weigh my 3-4month old dragons. The scale is pretty small so I can't fit them directly on it. So I got a plastic container and put it on it & wrote down the weight of it. Then put my dragon on & it subtracted the number. Final number I got for one of mine was 31.2grams. So in Beardy terms would that mean he weighs 312grams orrrr what? Because this our big guy & 31grams doesn't quite sound correct.
It is a small scale which only cost me 13$.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
31 grams would sound right, 312 grams would be for a juvenile that's a lot older than 3-4 months

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardy is 10.5 inches. I dont know his exact age because I got him from Petco. So I figured he was btwn 1-2months old when I got him, & its been 2months sense then.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Bailey91990":26uqzf3w said:
Hey,
I bought a scale today to weigh my 3-4month old dragons. The scale is pretty small so I can't fit them directly on it. So I got a plastic container and put it on it & wrote down the weight of it. Then put my dragon on & it subtracted the number. Final number I got for one of mine was 31.2grams. So in Beardy terms would that mean he weighs 312grams orrrr what? Because this our big guy & 31grams doesn't quite sound correct.
It is a small scale which only cost me 13$.

well i use digital scales to weigh my bearded dragon. i just out a box ontop and reset the scales then put my dragon in the box and i get her weight.

well how old is it and how long? also which one is it 31grams or 312grams

when my bearded dragon was 10" she was 97 grams, though she was 3 months old. she is now 5 months old 11.5" and 180grams

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think my scale is wrong. Because hes a fatty like hes prettttty big. My scale is only like 1.5 x 1.5 inches so its very veryyyy small and it was cheap as f***! He eats alotttt today he ate over 30nymphs roaches and 10juvie roaches 4silkworms 1babyhornworm. I cant get him on the scale so I put him in a container and I dont have any containers that sit good on the scale. So I think theres something wrong. No I was asking what my beardys weight was cuz the scale said 31.2. So I didnt no it people just take out the period when saying there beardys weight or if they include it.

My other dragon who is anywhere from3-4months old also came up to 17.7grams. Now shes about half the size of King(the dragon im mainly talking about) but shes not like deathly skinny you cant see any boans n she looks ok. So idk I think its the scale. My girlfriend even said she wouldnt of bought it cuz it seems cheap

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Bailey91990":3p5ne067 said:
I think my scale is wrong. Because hes a fatty like hes prettttty big. My scale is only like 1.5 x 1.5 inches so its very veryyyy small and it was cheap as f***! He eats alotttt today he ate over 30nymphs roaches and 10juvie roaches 4silkworms 1babyhornworm. I cant get him on the scale so I put him in a container and I dont have any containers that sit good on the scale. So I think theres something wrong. No I was asking what my beardys weight was cuz the scale said 31.2. So I didnt no it people just take out the period when saying there beardys weight or if they include it.

My other dragon who is anywhere from3-4months old also came up to 17.7grams. Now shes about half the size of King(the dragon im mainly talking about) but shes not like deathly skinny you cant see any boans n she looks ok. So idk I think its the scale. My girlfriend even said she wouldnt of bought it cuz it seems cheap

sounds like you need some better scales. or at least some where you can fit the whole dragon on. lol. and i think there would be something wrong if your 3-4 month old bearded dragon was only 17.7 grams as at that age mine was 75grams at 3 months old and 113grams at 4 months old

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thats what I mean. Even if you have a stubborn dragon who doesnt eat a hole lot, if it was still healthy it would weigh more then 17grams at that age. & both them already at 30nymph roaches each this morning, so I think eating like that atleast 4 5times a week would get them above the weight I said.
#Stupidscale lol

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I made a mistake with the scale....I didnt realize theres a button on it to turn it to Grams, Ozs, Qwt & something else. & I was weighing them with I think Qwt or the other thing that I cant remember. So lets hope that means my dragons are heavier. Once there warmed up Im going to attempt to weigh them & then I'll update this.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I weighed things that were close to each dragons weight. Like I put a container on it that came up to 32QWT which is what King was when I THOUGHT I was messuring GRAMS :? . Then I weighed it with grams & it came up to 99GRAMS. & then I did the same thing with something that matched what Princesses came up to. So in conclusion.
King- 99grams
Princess- 70grams

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Bailey91990":2bnokeih said:
I weighed things that were close to each dragons weight. Like I put a container on it that came up to 32QWT which is what King was when I THOUGHT I was messuring GRAMS :? . Then I weighed it with grams & it came up to 99GRAMS. & then I did the same thing with something that matched what Princesses came up to. So in conclusion.
King- 99grams
Princess- 70grams

lol ive done that before. but yeah those weights sound good

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea lol. I also think my scale is just to cheap. One minute Ill weigh something & next minute weigh it again & it will be off by 20 smh. But yea that def sounds like better numbers to me lol. Was gonna say, they downed over 150 nymph roaches yesterday, how hell are they under 30grams lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom