How to transport my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,

With Thanksgiving approaching my school has a break (as most do) and I have to take my beardie from my apartment to my mom's house. My beardie has been brumating off and on since late august and he just came out today (not sure for how long). Needless to say he looks pretty pissed. He is flaring his colors and has a dark black beard.

Anyway I have to take him on an approximately hour and a half road trip and was wondering how I should go about doing that? Should I put him in a little shoe box with some towels and a some hot waterbottles or should I fill a socky with rice and microwave it? It's pretty cold and rainy out today but my car is parked not too far away from my apartment so I was going to warm it up before bringing him in.

I have another viv for him which is at my dads house right now. I just want to know the best way to transport him home without him getting cold or stressed out?

Thanks!

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
I've used a soft cooler before, keep a part of the zipper open in the car, but you can close it up for when they have to go outisde. Towels and heating pad, just make sure it's not too hot. Since the cooler is lined, if he poops it's not hard to clean it up.
Hope that helps :)

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, thank you, I ended up finding a small pillow case and putting rice in it and microwaving it. Then I put him in a shoebox and covered it and he fell right asleep all cozy. I think that the rice was a good idea and it kept warm for about three hours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom