How to stop 6 month old beardie from goes after our finger and toe nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delightfuldiva

Beardie name(s)
Koa
Hello All.

So Koa is 6-7 months old and always hungry. Lately he has started charging my toes and finger nails. See videos. I did start giving him treats and I wear nail polish. Any ideas on getting him to stop

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i have no solution for you. just a similar story of my guy biting my toe the morning after i painted my nails a red/orange color. it only happened once and you could tell he was very confused! i think it looked like a bite of red pepper. never happened again after that but i laughed so freaking hard at the expression on his face.

I’m looking at this and I think this beardie has seen the “Your toes, hand em’ over.” meme.
On a serious note; in terms of food at 6-7 months old I believe that is their peak ravenous timeframe. I’d suggest handling him a lot more, including petting him around the face. Maybe that might help with ironing out his view on your fingers and toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom