How to separate your B. Dubia Nymphs from the Adults - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestreptiles

Hatchling Member
Very nice when i first bought from you you had mentioned a video good to see it finally up :) i have my roach colinders already made and they work great.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Thanks so much! Someone can tell me how to do something a hundred times but it's much easier to see it in action! Awesome video :D

Germ

Hatchling Member
Hi Ian,

Very good video & nice to put a face to the name.

I use a very similar method, but with 4 - 1 gallon, ice cream pails, with different sized holes in 3 of them, to sort my nymphs by size, too.

I've tried this method to separate the small nymphs from the frass too, works somewhat but not the greatest, either the holes are too big and the small newborns find their way through, or too small and a lot of the frass doesn't go through. Most of my small nymphs stay in the frass in the colony container. Any suggestions?

Germain

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it!

Germ":ab533 said:
Hi Ian,

Very good video & nice to put a face to the name.

I use a very similar method, but with 4 - 1 gallon, ice cream pails, with different sized holes in 3 of them, to sort my nymphs by size, too.

I've tried this method to separate the small nymphs from the frass too, works somewhat but not the greatest, either the holes are too big and the small newborns find their way through, or too small and a lot of the frass doesn't go through. Most of my small nymphs stay in the frass in the colony container. Any suggestions?

Germain

I as well use this method when cleaning the roach enclosures. The only thing that I have found to work is to sift the frass over and over. The babies will cling to the underside of your bucket. Once you've removed the majority of them you have a couple options. You can pick the remaining nymphs out OR you can bag up the frass, freeze it to kill all the baby nymphs and THEN flush it down the toilet. That choice is up to you though.

-Ian
http://www.theroachranch.com

Triage

Hatchling Member
Bump

I needed to review this video again today, thought I might bring it back to the top as I've seen the question recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom