How to properly ship roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Here's my situation. I'm sending a friend out some Dubia. I've never shipped in the winter before. Any of you guys have any pointers? Not sure if I should use a plastic bug cup or if I should ship "loose" in a box? What kind of heaters should I get and where should I place them? How many roaches can I put in the package etc. Basically.... I need a crash course in how to set up a package so that it gets to my buddy quickly and safely. I've been keeping and selling Dubia for quite a while but don't have too much shipping experience under my belt.

Thanks for any help!
-Ian

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
when i got some from the roach guy recently he had them in a small box with a heat pack taped to the side of it and then had it wraped in newspaper and put it inside another larger box so there was some insulation.

they seemed to be just fine.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
I have double boxed and packed a ton of paper in the shipping box of roaches and they lived through 40F nights. I wouldn't recommend it tho, if the temp drops in the 40's you should use a heatpack.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
clear":c358c said:
I have double boxed and packed a ton of paper in the shipping box of roaches and they lived through 40F nights. I wouldn't recommend it tho, if the temp drops in the 40's you should use a heatpack.

Where should I put the heat pack? Tape it to the box as stated above? where would I put it if I use Bug Cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom