How to make veggies more appealing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Goddess has seem to lost her interest in veggies she was first eating collard greens and now se isn't eating anything I tried cactus leaf romain lettuce grape strawberry watermelon and spaghetti squash and she doesn't touch any of it any ideas on what would get her intrest back
thanks

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Ive learned mine would get bored of the same ole thing day in and day out i switch the salads up every week. I add fresh chopped up butternut chunks to give it some color and the drops of baby food works wonders. Mine love butternut and pea the best so far.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
offer a variety. change up the salads frequently. Also, think color when shopping for the week. Try and make salads that are visually appealing as well.

fLiPxSiD3

ziggy23":2ld22fqg said:
offer a variety. change up the salads frequently. Also, think color when shopping for the week. Try and make salads that are visually appealing as well.

This is very very true........the more colors the more appealing it is to them.
What I do , is I make a salad with collard greens and dandelion and on top of it I cut up some black grapes and and some blackberries and immediately they see the dark colors and the juices from the fruits pour on the greens that it makes the entire salad appetizing for them

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Try feeding her another type of veggies or add some that is colorful to the food and that also taste good to try to increase the appetite. For example, you could cook a butternut squash which brings out the sweet, nutty smell and flavor and the orange color might get her attention, or try adding some fruit to the salad. Cantaloupe is an excellent choice for a fruit and my bearded and iguanas love it and plus the orange color really gets their attention. A little carrot every now and then is also good. You could also try some of those frozen veggie mixed you buy from the supermarket. I just recently bout a couple bags that has corns, lima beans, green beans and carrots. The yellow and the orange and the sweet flavor of the corns and carrots might also make the bearded eat more veggies. The way I prepare the frozen veggies is I put in a fine strainer and run it under running, hot, tap water until it's melted, and then I put it in the food processor chopped it up a little bit so my iguanas and bearded can digest them. I recommend you chopped these up before feeding them it because they can't digest it very well if you don't. Horses and other herbivorous mammals have teeth for grinding the tough grasses and leaves so that the digestive juices and mircrobe can work its way in. Horeses that loose their ability to chew will die of starvation from not being able to digest grasses. Some of the items shouldn't be given exclusively or as staple such as corns, and carrots. They can been given as a change in the diet in order to increase the appetite and for adding some other nutrient to the diet. Just like how we humans eat! (Check out the food chart on which to use as staple and which occasionally!)

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i bought some baby food she was slowly eating licking it off her lips thought she would be more into it but i got another flavor umma give her
thank you for all the replies

Starforce2

Juvie Member
maybe just give bugs for a while. Mine is having the opposite issue..eating lots more greens and ignoring superworms that he used to eat tons of. I'd just stop feeding whatever the item is and give something else for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom