How to get beardie ready for vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0DZ1LLA

Hey guys

How the heck do I take my bearded dragon to the vet? Do I wrap him up in a towel or get him a carrier (or something else idk)? I literally have no idea, so if you’ve taken yours to the vet before, could you give me some advice?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is quite easy to get them ready to go to the vets. If you have a small animal or cat carrier,
along with a nice fleece blankie placed into the carrier. That way they feel secure & they wont
move around in the vehicle & get injured.
How far is the vet's office from you?

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

All depends on the relationship you have with your beardie. If they are used to being out of the tank and hanging out with you, a lot of dragons can go in the car and just hang onto your shirt. If they aren't that tame, a shoebox, container, whatever will work.

-Brandon

NYBeardie

My vet is 20 minutes away and my guy (1 yr old now) sits on my shirt and watches the world go by as I drive. He is usually fine staring out the window for about 45-60 minutes before he decides he's had enough. But, as Claudiusx mentioned, it will really depend on your dragon and YOUR comfort level with your dragon and knowing how he will (might) behave. If you've got someone else in the car with you, try with the dragon out first to see how he reacts, but have the carrier available in case they get antsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom