How to get a dragon to eat salad from a bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
As I enjoy this great snow I am trying to figure out how I can get my dragon to eat his salad from a bowl. He will eat it from me daily but I travel a lot and it would be nice if he would eat it out of a bowl. I have tried putting bugs in the bowl. Him eating salad is actually a brand new thing for him. He would never eat it before!

Rotimus

I started out hand feeding veggies to mine. After she started accepting veggies from me I moved her near her dish and would pick up pieces of veggies and drop them back into her dish. Eventually she figured out what was going on.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does take a bit of training sometimes. If he's eating salad from your hand, that's a good start. As suggested, move him to the bowl and move the pieces around a bit to grab his attention and he'll get the idea after a while. If you provide a nice high (easy to see) salad before you leave and he starts to get really hungry he'll probably find it and go to town. Providing different shapes (squash sliced like small worms) and colors (sweet potato, yellow squash, small bits of fruit, etc) can help draw attention to the salad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom