How to flavor liquid calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I recently bought some liquid calcium for my two beardies. The flavor of the calcium is repulsive to them. They literally freak out when I put it in their mouths. I tasted it before I used it on them, and it's awful. Is there anything I can do to flavor it? I spent about $10 on the Flukers Liquid Calcium and I really want to use it. Can i use any juices or something? They really hate the taste!

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
I have some Zolcal-D that i originally bought for a sick tortoise, and once to twice a week i sprinkle some on his veggies/feeders instead of the Reptavite all in one calcium and multivitamin powder. Hige doesn't seem to mind the taste of it, and its quite high potency so you only need a little bit. You could try sprinkling it in veggies/live feeders if you don't want to waste it. With the zolcal-D i've heard/seen it is accepted quite well diluted down in water - it could be the same for the flukers stuff?

Im not sure if it'd alter any chemical make up but why not add a little fruit/veg juice? Or inject it into a tasty superworm :)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have calcium powder already and they won't eat it on their veggies so i needed an alternative. but unfortunately my alternative doesn't work either because they hate it!! :?

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I would like to Diane, but I already spent the money on this one and I hoped that I'd be able to use it. :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, well, here's another thought. Pharmacies use flavoring for children's meds, perhaps you'd be able to get a little of that, either over the counter or ask a pharmacist about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom