How to Cut Plexiglass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys, I've been working on my crossfire enclosure for awhile now and have been having endless problems with it. Now I am approaching the finish line and have ran into one more. How do I cut the plexiglass? I got some for a cheap price from someone on craigslist but its proving to be more of a hassle than just paying full price at lowes and getting it cut there. It keeps chipping and cracking and its just so stressful. Any ideas?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Hi sole, I just bought a cordless handheld black n Decker cutter from home depot for 20 bucks and works like a charm! It also cuts many other things as well. Good luck... :D

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Take a piece of masking tape, run it the lenght of your cut, then mark your cut line onto of the tape. You can then use a grinder with a fine cutting wheel or a jig saw with a fine tooth blade and you will have no problems. You can also use a router with a cutting blade in it.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for the tips! I actually just went to Lowes and caved in and begged for them to cut it for me and they did. But I do have some other pieces I still need to cut so I will try your suggestions and see how they work.

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
I used a Acrylic Cutting Tool. It was pretty cheap my acrylic was .08 inches thick. I put a piece of wood on it and clamped it the table with wood clamps.

They look like this
0UeNZ48_AGq-bv_jN8e2kxFvZki1txjrkP0W8qAGWcUnlEXv5yZvUfDSaJJhxRjnvOx9YVTFM2pqo56GdkbjHTOzy1LU5NFYzWuP1jl-IcK11U8Yvi_qQy5WIHCFQj7lKHN6gbd0r_1XCtUWPsYRBVd1hs0zwRojmuWQBP_FEtV8b1j5lRxK6edXQA

Check out this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCeHx-vvJ7k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom