How to cure diarrhea or watery stool

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I have a urgent dilemma I have 2 beardies both get the same exact food my Chubbs has nice firm slightly moist poop. But my Amber seems to be having a ton of water and excess water when she goes to the bathroom. She (Amber) loves greens but my Chubbs not so much could to much greens cause excess watery stool?

I do Kale Collard Greens Escarole butternut squash and occasionally sweet potato and endives. I'm at a loss on how to firm up my Amber's poop I would think if she had parasites wouldn't my Chubbs have them too? Could I go a few days without giving Amber greens? Or is am I blowing this outta proportion.

These pics are my Amber's last 2 poops (orange is sweet potato)

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_161608.jpg
    IMG_20230619_161608.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20230616_165505.jpg
    IMG_20230616_165505.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I have a urgent dilemma I have 2 beardies both get the same exact food my Chubbs has nice firm slightly moist poop. But my Amber seems to be having a ton of water and excess water when she goes to the bathroom. She (Amber) loves greens but my Chubbs not so much could to much greens cause excess watery stool?

I do Kale Collard Greens Escarole butternut squash and occasionally sweet potato and endives. I'm at a loss on how to firm up my Amber's poop I would think if she had parasites wouldn't my Chubbs have them too? Could I go a few days without giving Amber greens? Or is am I blowing this outta proportion.

These pics are my Amber's last 2 poops (orange is sweet potato)
Try cutting out the butternut squash and see what it does - if its still looking like that I am not sure how to get it to firm up - wow even the sweet potato didnt firm it up -

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Try cutting out the butternut squash and see what it does - if its still looking like that I am not sure how to get it to firm up - wow even the sweet potato didnt firm it up -
I'll try to cut it out I did a fecal last month so she doesn't have parasites but I am gonna make a appointment for next month. Thinking perhaps the vet has some ideas about what might be going on I know she has had a appetite so I'm thinking she may have eggs again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'll try to cut it out I did a fecal last month so she doesn't have parasites but I am gonna make a appointment for next month. Thinking perhaps the vet has some ideas about what might be going on I know she has had a appetite so I'm thinking she may have eggs again.
Sounds good just NO enemas - I am going to flag your post to Cooperdragon - he may have some insight as to what is going on
@CooperDragon

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sounds good just NO enemas - I am going to flag your post to Cooperdragon - he may have some insight as to what is going on
@CooperDragon
Definitely I have heard terrible things about enemas and dragons and any insight is greatly appreciated this pic was a few mins ago.

It had no where near the amount of water she had yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_20230620_160703.jpg
    IMG_20230620_160703.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 54

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
ive heard a few people say sweet potatos and squash have done the same thing to their beardies it could be that or if you give cwrtain bugs like hornworms can do that too

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Definitely I have heard terrible things about enemas and dragons and any insight is greatly appreciated this pic was a few mins ago.

It had no where near the amount of water she had yesterday
It looks like it's getting some formation

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's fairly messy, but not necessarily a problem. Did her poop just start to look this way recently? If so, I agree that trying some dietary tweaks and monitoring is the way to go for now. It could just be a temporary upset stomach or possibly the greens that is causing this so try some variation and see if it makes a difference. Do you notice her basking regularly? If she is hiding a lot or staying away from the lights for an extended period of time, that could also affect digestion, but my guess is that this is diet related and hopefully just temporary.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's fairly messy, but not necessarily a problem. Did her poop just start to look this way recently? If so, I agree that trying some dietary tweaks and monitoring is the way to go for now. It could just be a temporary upset stomach or possibly the greens that is causing this so try some variation and see if it makes a difference. Do you notice her basking regularly? If she is hiding a lot or staying away from the lights for an extended period of time, that could also affect digestion, but my guess is that this is diet related and hopefully just temporary.
Today is much better my vet said her poop is heading in the right direction and that her body may of had to just adjust after having her last clutch of eggs. She was going poop once a week to a week and a half but recently it's everyday like it normally is. She does bask and also prefers a cooler temp so she will bask under her UVB/Basking spot and/or UVB and on the side of her basking spot.

Just gotta keep her calcium high and see what she prefers to eat and tweak it a bit i.e. offering newer selection of food (greens).

Note this was the last 3 days

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_095818.jpg
    IMG_20230623_095818.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20230621_181915.jpg
    IMG_20230621_181915.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 47

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Today is much better my vet said her poop is heading in the right direction and that her body may of had to just adjust after having her last clutch of eggs. She was going poop once a week to a week and a half but recently it's everyday like it normally is. She does bask and also prefers a cooler temp so she will bask under her UVB/Basking spot and/or UVB and on the side of her basking spot.

Just gotta keep her calcium high and see what she prefers to eat and tweak it a bit i.e. offering newer selection of food (greens).

Note this was the last 3 days
Oh yes looking lots better

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom