How To Contain Circkets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Hi all, I have a problem with crickets. Basil my beardie loves them - well he did last week, who knows today :roll: - but I can't deal with them :oops: I am always so worried they will jump and escape. I would have to empty his viv to find them and that is too much disruption. I have a long plastic underbed storage type box that I use as his bath, could I use that to feed him his crickets? Would they jump out? I am ok flicking them off the sides if they can climb. Also is there an easy way to get them back in the container if Basil doesn't eat them all?

Thanks all.

hi, it is best if you feed basil outside of his cage. Crickets are knowns to chew off beardies limbs at night while they sleep :banghead: :angry5: the container you use to bathe him in would be perfect! it also helps because then you know how many crickets basil is eating instead of guessing (like i used to do :oops: ) the crickets should not be able to jump out of the container or even climb it since the walls are slippery.

Hope this helps! let me know if you have anymore questions and you can pm me at any time :)

-Alex

also, if crickets just drive you absolutely insane (smell, noise, etc.) you could try feeding him black fly worm grubs..i know that reptiworms on this website sells them and you get 20% off since you are a member here :) i just got mine in on thursday and my Cami LOVES them..its a good chance especially since they do not smell, move a lot, and are not loud at all!!! you could also try other insects too but i find these to be the best and easiest to care for :)

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for that reassurance Alex :) I may just be brave enough to buy some more crix now :D

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
DoubleJ":e24o8wyy said:
Hi all, I have a problem with crickets. Basil my beardie loves them - well he did last week, who knows today :roll: - but I can't deal with them :oops: I am always so worried they will jump and escape. I would have to empty his viv to find them and that is too much disruption. I have a long plastic underbed storage type box that I use as his bath, could I use that to feed him his crickets? Would they jump out? I am ok flicking them off the sides if they can climb. Also is there an easy way to get them back in the container if Basil doesn't eat them all?

Thanks all.

You do have to be careful; if the crickets are big and the tub is shallow, they might be able to jump out.

As for getting them back in the container, what do you keep them in when they aren't being fed? If it's big enough, just tip your feeding tub and dump the crickets back into their "home."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom