How strong are these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
seriously, mine will take a dive off my bed onto a wooden floor 2 feet below, and he is still a minor 12 inches! he never shows signed of being hurt as hes still active and alert, which raises my question on how strong beardies really are?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
They're pretty hardy animals, but even a full grown adult that lands badly can break a limb or cause other serious damage. I would be careful about letting him jump off the bed, but 2 feet isn't THAT far.

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
I know the feeling. I have a 5 mo old, and her enclosure is fairly tall. 24", and she jumps from her perch, when she knows its feeding time. She chooses to JUMP. I have tried feeding her from the other side so that she would walk down from her perch, but she still jumps. Dragons seem to have a mind of their own. So, I just cleared everything from around where she might land, so she does not catch a bowl or something wrong when she lands, make sure it is as safe as possible, and let her do her thing.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
its hard not to let him jump because he will just have a random burst of energy and just run around in circles or just go straight wherever he his lol, i know 2 feet isnt that far but hitting a wooden floor must hurt at their size

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
i think they like the feeling or maybe they want to fly?? idk all i know is i can no longer take my guy out when my friend bring her crested gecko over because every time he jumps Scepter wants to jump too lol.
even if he is across the room and he seems him jump better hold on. lol Scepter is 2 years old as well. so that scares me a bit.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mine just loves exploring, he will usually sit around staring down the place for a few minutes then taste around while running everywhere

jducky18

Hatchling Member
I'll never forget the day my beardie, (8 inches then) leapt off my three-foot desk because he was trying to jump up onto my tissue box and across the 7 inch gap to where his enclosure is. When he tried to jump onto the tissue box, his feet couldn't grip, and he slid cartoon-style across the box and over the side. I was so scared! I jumped up and picked him up and held him and talked to him and made sure he was okay, then he tried to climb down my arm and do it again! I put a stop to that rather quickly :lol:

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
When I first had Max, he was sitting calmly in my hand, so I took him out of the viv, and as I was turning to go sit on my bed so he couldn't fall too far, he took a leap from my hand at his viv, no warning at all, hit my dresser, and fell like four feet to the ground. Needless to say, I freaked out, he was a little traumatized, but otherwise unhurt. So scared there for a few minutes until he started running all over the place again. :lol:

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
geeez! my skittles just dove off the counter when i was preparing his bath in the sink, that was the first time he ever did that, from now on he gets the floor until his bath is ready lol

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
yeah my stubs has run straight off my computer desk 2 times now, and my nephew left my babys tank door open, so I go in there and my baby is not in his tank and I'm looking around he must have jumped out of his tank which is on a dresser that is about 4 feet tall, then we had to find him, needless to say my nephew who is 18 years old got a good talking to...... :banghead:

Took my spike upstairs to the bathroom for his bath as soon as i turned the water on he decided he was over excited and took a dive into an empty bathtub. i am 5ft 7in thank heavens i was leaned over the tub trying to get the water temp just right. i was rather freaked out and yelled at him all the while he is sitting in the tub looking like hurry it up already i want to swim! They seem ok to jump small distances. I now put him on the rug until the water is ran while he scratches the tub wanting in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom