How soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
How soft does a toothbrush have to be when you clean your beardie? Guy has some dried up soy yogurt on his nose and I tried scrubbing it with a toothbrush I wore out but some of it on the tip of his nose won't come off very easily. I want to try a toothbrush that's a tad bit harder. Is this ok?

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I'm sure it's fine. Just use your best judgement. See what it feels like when you rub the toothbrush on your hand.

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldn't use a toothbrush on his head anywhere. If I need to use one I use it on their body, arms, legs and tail. Try using a wash cloth...

Brieana

Hatchling Member
I feel like you wouldn't have to scrub so hard if you used a moist q tip to soften the yogurt?

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Original Poster
But could a hard toothbrush take the scales off or something? Why wouldn't you use it on his head? I mean, don't they rub their heads on rocks when they shed? That definitely would be harder than the hardest toothbrush you could find.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's what I answered in your pm.
diamc":3f3uv5cz said:
wilddanny88":3f3uv5cz said:
What could happen if the toothbrush you clean your beardie with is too hard? Thanks in advance. Worried keeper here. lol
Hi, you need to make sure you use a soft bristled toothbrush otherwise it could make their skin sore and if a shedding is taking place, it may damage the skin underneath. You want them to enjoy the stroking with the toothbrush and certainly don't want it to be painful for them.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":3qfkz4rs said:
Here's what I answered in your pm.
diamc":3qfkz4rs said:
wilddanny88":3qfkz4rs said:
What could happen if the toothbrush you clean your beardie with is too hard? Thanks in advance. Worried keeper here. lol
Hi, you need to make sure you use a soft bristled toothbrush otherwise it could make their skin sore and if a shedding is taking place, it may damage the skin underneath. You want them to enjoy the stroking with the toothbrush and certainly don't want it to be painful for them.
Thanks again! I PMed you because nobody was replying to my post. Hope I wasn't a bother! :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No bother but like I just mentioned in my pm, would be a good idea to pick up a soft bristled one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom