how (or should you) introduce 2 beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
My daughter adopted a female beardie. their previous owner couldn't care for her anymore. Last night we had them in the same room but far away from one another, and sheldon started head bobbing, is it safe to let them get any closer to one another? Im not housing them together, i just wondered if they could be outside their tanks together at all. we also have a younger female too, sheldon doesn't seem to care about her as much. the older female is about 1 1/2 and she didn't seem to pay much attention to him but when he saw her he bobbed, so i just wondered.
Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can go after eachother pretty quickly so it's best not to have them out at the same time. If you do have them out together, they should be kept far apart under close supervision. They like their people well enough but aren't too fond of eachother.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
interesting! what about when you breed? i always thought they were pretty calm, my friend had one and when we first got sheldon, they seemed very chill with each other, i've learned so much since then!! lol!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they get along but it really depends on the individuals and they can turn on eachother pretty quickly and cause harm. I don't have experience breeding them so I'm not exactly sure how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom