how much to feed 7 week old dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyronrosie

We have two seven week old baby bearded dragons. We are currently feeding them 8 crickets (coated in calcuim and multivitamin supplement) per day each (5 in morning, 3 at night) and have a daily vegetable bowl with mixed lettuce and alfalfa sprouts for them to graze on. Are they being fed enough?

LJean

Extreme Poster
8 crickets a day isn't nearly enough for a growing dragon. Some babies can eat up to 100 of them a day. (tiny/small)
What size crickets are you feeding?

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
I dont feed crickets any bigger then 3/4 the space between my beardies eyes. you should get him/her on a feeding schedule where you can feed him/her 10 minutes wait a few hours and do another 10 minute feeding. I would do this 2-3 times a day. this way it spreads out the amount they consume and gives them time inbetween to digest and bask. Like the above posters have said some baby beardies can eat anywhere from 60-100 correctly sized crickets a day. It all depends on the dragon.

fez09

Extreme Poster
8 crickets is definately not enough! Mine were going through 50-100 crickets per day!!

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
fez09":73ea2 said:
8 crickets is definately not enough! Mine were going through 50-100 crickets per day!!

I know tell me about it haha!, I have a three month old and that little piggy goes through 70 or more a day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom