How much to dust crickets with phoenix worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about 6 months old. He gets 40 ish crickets + greens and phoenix worms daily. How often should I dust the crickets? I know that phoenix worms have a lot of calcium and don't want him to get to much. Thanks in advanced!

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Feeding both might be sufficient enough. I only dust the first crickets I dump in at 6am... I then feed her crickets again around noon and in the evening not dusted.

Beardie321

Original Poster
disturb3d0n3":399fi6yc said:
Feeding both might be sufficient enough. I only dust the first crickets I dump in at 6am... I then feed her crickets again around noon and in the evening not dusted.

So should I do the same? Dust once a day? Or like would that be to much calcium with the phoenix worms on top of that?

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
I'd say yes. But I wouldn't feed both at the same time of the day... I'd dust the crickets in the morning and then at the other feedings add calcium worms or just wait and add calcium worms at night... I read other topics and basically the reason we dust the crickets is because they don't have all the phosphorus for the right ratio so the dusting gets it there. Calci-worms already have the right ratio.

Again it doesn't matter which order you feed them but I'd still feed them at different times of the day to ensure... Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=169086

Lpsouth1978

Hatchling Member
I would agree! It is nearly impossible to overdose on Calcium when administered orally. Dust the crickets in the morning and then give undusted the rest of the day. My Vet even told me to dust the phoenix worms for the first feeding of the day (I feed primarily phoenix worms for my bugs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom