How much time can my beardie be roaming?

I was just curious what is a safe/healthy amount of time for Bondi to be out from under his lights in a day. I like to take him out so he can wander around but worry about him getting to cold or having time during the day without his uvb. He isn't really a snuggly dragon so most of the time he's out I'm not holding him. Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He can be out a couple hours without problems, especially in the evenings after he has had the day to soak up uvb and heat

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was just curious what is a safe/healthy amount of time for Bondi to be out from under his lights in a day. I like to take him out so he can wander around but worry about him getting to cold or having time during the day without his uvb. He isn't really a snuggly dragon so most of the time he's out I'm not holding him. Thanks!
How old is Bondi? If hes a baby I would recommend not taking him out at all for now- he needs to stay in his tank till he acclimates to his tank and surroundings - plus you dont want to lose him -- they can get lost really quick when they are little - you can pet him in his tank hand feed him some small super worms for a baby - and feed him some BSFL that is a great staple feeder -- if the dragon is older then 2 hrs tops for out time -- unless you set up a heat lamp on the floor he can go to warm up

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is always so much fun & very rewarding to let them roam around, no matter how young or old they
are. I wouldn't do more than an hour or two.
It gives them exercise & time to be social. It is important that he gets plenty of time to bask but there
is no reason why he can't spend a little time out of his tank, with you.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom