How much should a young bearded dragon grow a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got Charlie about 4 months ago (March) He was listed for 6-7inches he now is around 10, is this right? I have no problem increasing his food, I just don't want to feed him too much!!! He will always take more food, I just don't want to overfeed.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Seems alright. I've had Harley for about 1.5 months and in that time, she has grown from 6 inches(when I got her) to now almost 10 inches and I was feeding her 2-3 times a day as much as she could pack in her little stomach. Of course now she has turned into a "pet rock" for the most part recently while in her cage. She will pancake on her hammock next to her heat lamp and watch the room or tv. She does run around the couch when I take her out though. I'm not really sure you can overfeed a baby can you? Although she does look a miniature version of the yellow citrus in http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=196018. This site might also help you as a general guide http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon.php

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Keep a nice 105-110 degree basking spot for him to digest all that food and don't feed anything 2 hours before lights out. Oh and be prepared to clean ALOT of poop. :lol: Also not sure what you are feeding but if you or anyone aren't scared of roaches, try dubias. Those things are like a godsend for beardies. Phoenix/reptiworms work good too. That's what I've been feeding Harley along with dandelion greens(store bought, not picked outside) and mustard greens. With all that, your beardie should grow like a weed.....and poop like a machine.

Lpsouth1978

Hatchling Member
Agreed, I have had Gannicus for about 6 weeks. He was about 7" when I got him, he is now just over 11". I let him eat as much as he wants. He always has his fresh greens in his tank. He also gets as many reptiworms as he wants in the morning before I leave for work and again right after work. I just put a bunch of them in his dish, when he finishes those I give him more. I keep this up until he stops eating them and moves to his basking spot. to my knowledge you cannot overfeed a young dragon, for best health and growth they should be allowed to eat HEALTHY FOODS at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom