How much more filling are hornworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Hi! :D XtinaBeardieMom has it right thanks! They can be used as a staple and it also depends on the dragons size. Also dragons tend to be gluttens and will eat how much or anything you put in front of them. And with each large horn worm being alot of food(like feeding 36 crickets in 1 feeding per large worm) you can experiment with the horns. You don't have to give them alot everyday, as long as they are eating greens daily with a staple that is healthy for them. And by thinking of what you would normally feed him in a day like 36 crickets and greens daily it would really equal out, verses price of crickets,the gas and trips to the pet shop, time ect. It's also a healthier food then just feeding crickets (otherwise for a healthy diet for a dragon you would also be adding calcuim powder and a fat feeder to give him a balanced meal daily) Hope that helps! Thanks, Linda :D

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Dyankey":xtsu9ds4 said:
Oh cool! I have 5 adult bearded dragons, one I just rescued off of Craigslist, and she's super skinny. They are all between 1 1/2 and 2. How many do you suggest? They love them!

Since your dragons are around adult age, I wouldn't recommend any more than one medium/large (about 1.5-2" long) hornworm per day. Variety is always nice, and one hornworm will sure go quickly for your beardies, so maybe you could switch it up every other day and feed dubias or crickets on the other days. Hornworms aren't as fun for your beardies to chase down either, so adding some other feeders would be more exciting lol. Of course your dragons need their veggies too. Hope that helps, good luck! :D

Dyankey

I live in Florida, so I can't have dubias haha :) I want my beardies to be extra healthy. I plan on breeding them, and have invested a lot of money in order to get nice colors. Suggestions on feeders? I want to give them a variety of different bugs. :)

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
You could use discord roaches. I do believe they are legal in FL. Or hornworms , phoenix worms, supers I think variety is important. I feed dubia, crckets, and reptiworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom