How much calcium supp. should my beardie get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1tched

Hello,
New beardie owner here, i was told by the pet store, to feed him crickets daily if i can and veggies 3 times a week. is that good?

and more importantly, how often to i dust the crickets with the calcium supp powder? everytime? i feed him

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Baby beardies should be fed crixs no bigger than the space between their eyes 2 to 3 times a day (as much as they can eat in 10 to 15 min.). With this said, you will go through approximately 50 to 100 a day. If you look at beautifuldragons.org, you will find their recommendations. Right now I am supplementing my baby with calcium 6x a week (1 feeding per day) and vitamins 4 x a day. I also keep veggies in the viv all the time.

Best wishes,
Robin

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forum. A baby should have their live food dusted with calcium with D3 but phosphorus-free 5 days a wk, but only 1 feeding a day and with vitamins the other 2 days a wk, but only 1 feeding a day. You should also offer fresh veggies daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom