How many pellets worth one cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I'm getting my Bearded Dragon next Saturday and I wanted to just get this covered before I get him/her.
In case I can't get any Crickets for any reason, I will have a pot of Bearded Dragon pellets for backup. So how many pellets would be the same to cover one cricket? The Crickets would be small/medium for now as my dragon is gonna be like 6 months old or something (not too sure, but basically not an adult).
So how many worth small/medium crickets and how many for adult crickets?

I just wanna know just so I don't over feed or under feed my dragon if this ever needs to happen.

~Ben

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
You can't overfeed a BD. they will eat until full and then stop and walk away. My BD will eat and walk away and any good out in front of him he ignores. This is how I know he's done. I keep a log of how many crickets, roaches, super worms he eats per meal. This way I know what to leave in the tank. Also let's me know if he is eating more or less. Good sign of health is a healthy appetite.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you :)
That's actually quite a good idea with the log. I might try that.
Roughly, how many bugs do you put inside the vivarium per feeding?

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, thanks. I got my beardie today, he/she is 1 or 2 months old. Mojo had 2 wax worms, 3 hoppers and 3 crickets for his feeding at about 12am. He was quite hungry as she wasn't fed yet and that's about when I got her. He actually touched his greens a few times which was good and I added some pellets in.
Not too sure how long he is as he is doing so well for his first day home and I don't want to stress him out by taking him out to measure him for this first week.

Thanks for the replies man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom