How many Dubia to keep

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a small Dubia breeder colony in a 10 gallon tote. They are doing well. I'm just curious how many adults I should keep in there. We just sorted and cleaned the feeder and colony bins. We have about 100 males and 300 females. I have read that it's better to have a 1:4 ratio so I should probably sell off a few males. Is the 1:4 ratio the preferred ratio? (Zan isn't big enough for adults yet.)

What would be a good amount to bring the adults down to?I'm not sure how many is a good top number to keep in the bin. I don't want to overcrowd or ruin the ratio.

I think you're good to go, 1:3 is ok from what I've been reading and is about what I'm at right now with mine. They are doing well just not producing babies fast enough for my 4mo dragon. I'd have to sort daily if I wanted to feed from my colony right now.

I just ordered 3,000 more XXS dubia to let the colony grow for a bit.

mommacude

Hatchling Member
EightFingers":14b6ct06 said:
I think you're good to go, 1:3 is ok from what I've been reading and is about what I'm at right now with mine. They are doing well just not producing babies fast enough for my 4mo dragon. I'd have to sort daily if I wanted to feed from my colony right now.

Where did you order from? I'm hoping to fund a good price. My dragon is 14 inches nose to tip and eats a lot. He really likes them a little bigger so I'd like to just get babies growing so he doesn't have t eat 25 at a feeding :lol:

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
mommacude":1ezwwah4 said:
EightFingers":1ezwwah4 said:

Where did you order from? I'm hoping to fund a good price. My dragon is 14 inches nose to tip and eats a lot. He really likes them a little bigger so I'd like to just get babies growing so he doesn't have t eat 25 at a feeding :lol:
Been ordering mine off of Amazon and Ebay
Dubia Roaches 200 Medium
Dubia Roaches 1000 Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom