How many beardies do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have lots lol, i have a breeding group of around 25 adults, i have 12 grown on juvies that i am keeping to add to my collection, about 10 juvies for sale, about 20 keepers from this years breedings and about 80 babys for sale hahaha lots of dragons you can never have too many :blob5: :blob5:

bandit27

Hatchling Member
I have 2, 1 male, 1 female, housed seperatly. However before i seperated them my female was gravid, i didn't know until she laid 24 eggs lol.

The eggs are with the local reptile centre and are due to hatch anyday now, and i know my son is going to want one. Not sure we can due to space. I would love one of her babies though :)

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Just one, for me - and for now, that's enough. Too many other commitments to have more. One day... ;) Wave's 5 months old and has been part of the household for a bit over 3 months.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I only have 1 but I plan to get another somewhere between December and March ;) Will give me plenty of time to finish getting Mojo's setup proper and get the things for a second enclosure before bringing home the newbie. I am thinking I will go with the local shop that sells older babies like my Mojo, or the reptile expo that is near here.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Hi jemiluc!

He is wonderful. He seemed to adjust right away to a new home and a new mom. He is sleeping on my shoulder right now. He has eaten well from the start also. I have been feeding him on the kids' schedule vs an adult schedule because he is still pretty thin. I always start talking to him as I approach the viv and gently stroke his back before I pick him up.

gryphonsmom

Hatchling Member
I have 2. Gryphon was purchased by me for me for my 21st birthday. He is now just over 2 years old. Boggart came to me as a rescue about 6 months later and ended up choosing us for his forever home. He bonded with me and a rehome failed. He will be 2 in October. It is harder since they are both males, and Gryphon is VERY spoiled and used to a lot of attention. When my boyfriend and I got to the point where he was sleeping over, Gryphon got jealous because he was no longer sleeping in the bed with mommy. LOL. Gryphon just had a hard time with another dragon in general b/c he is very possessive of his "mommy time". I had to put a curtain over their enclosures so that one would not see the other out and about. The electric bill didn't change much. Feeders went up about $15 a month (Gryphon eats WAYYYY more, so I was already spending around $30/mo in feeders). The biggest thing is trying to spend equal time with them. I may be crazy, but I really feel like they get upset if one is out and the other isn't. They seem to be hurt :(. If you get another, make sure you really do have ample time to play with ALL of them individually, spending time with your first as well as your second and most recent dragon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All our males want to fight. They get out singly for running around but can still see whoever's left in the tanks. Lots of black bearding & bobbing goes on.Didi has decided that he should be the only one out in the living room, so I let the others out (for about 1/2 hrs each time), then Didi can stay on the ramp the rest of the day, especially if I need to go out. He just stays on the ramp, watching TV. One night I left the patio door open further than I should have, but he never got off the ramp. He's our smallest beardie & the fiercest. And yes, if I get two out at a time by accident, they will fight. They all love having Sweetie in the living room, then they all get a chance at flirting. Didi, Lonzo & Leo have tanks in the living room. Rubio is in a 75 gallon & the only place it fits is behind the couch. So he really enjoys being out but he also enjoys his big tank & runs back & forth. He's a very active beardie.

Sweetie is in our bedroom, so she doesn't see the fellas unless I let her run around the living room. She won't stay still long, waves at the boys, then hides under a pillow, silly girl. So she's never out much, but she does swim in her daily bath.
Deb

MommiesBoyX

Hatchling Member
i currently have 3. 2 adult males a my juvy male. everyone gets out everyday (along with the other snakes, lizards, and birds). i want to get a silkback, and the boyfriend wants a german giant. but i want to wait till the baby is older, so we can build out bond with him first. that and i want stackable cages built before i get anymore reps. lol

but between the boyfriend, myself, and our two children, getting everyone out isnt a problem.

jemiluc

Original Poster
Oh wow! Thanks for all the responses! And I totally agree when it comes to having time out of the cage. Chubs gets soooo jealous when I take Gavin out before him. He climbs on his basking rock and then just turns and looks way from me, like if I don't see you taking him out, then you're not really taking him out- haha :lol:

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
I have 5 beardies. My first beardie is Shep he is now almost a yr old and 20 inches long. He is my only male and a little temperamental. He has awesome orange colors. I adopted my 2nd beardie Princess from craigslist only to find out she's being starved and not cared for properly. She is 2 and 19 inches long with a big belly lol. She is a sunfire or sunburst and when she is relaxed she's a beautiful golden color. My 3rd was my Valentine's Day present. Her name is Spirit and she is huge lol. She's 19 inches and nearly the same size as Princess. She's a red leatherback and has amazing colors and personality. Next we have Lily, she is about 2 months old and love to eat eat eat. She is a normal/citrus. Finally there is Sniper. Sniper is a trans leatherback and is just a tad younger than Lily. I love each of my dragons equally and do not feel it is any harder to add one to the mix. We have our feeding schedule, bath days, play times however with the 2 new babies we just have to spend a little more time on the tasks.

jemiluc":3j95sxbd said:
im2tired2dance":3j95sxbd said:
Currently I have 2 beardies,18 months old, a male and a female. My youngest son is the best, he cleans the cages for all the reptiles. As the female is about to lay eggs, I am assumming that I will have at least 1 more. We also have a Savannah monitor and a ball python.

Babies, how exciting! They are so cute, but I'm finding they can really make you worry.
Will this be her first clutch?

Yes, this is my first, or her first (lol) clutch. I am a nervous nellie, don't know if I will ever do this again. It is very exciting, I can't wait, but she is MAKING me wait. Think I might have to keep them separated from this point on, but they were cute together.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
I have two beardies, they are only about 3 months old, I've had them for about 2 months.
My oldest and biggest, Fred is about a week older than my other beardie Jackie. I'm not entirely sure on their sexes just yet, but only Jackie is showing the signs that females show, hand waving and whatnot.
I let then both out at the same time and haven't seen any problems until yesterday when Jackie ran halfway across the room and rammed into Fred. Fred reacted with bearding and backing up. It hasn't happened again, but is there a problem with letting them out at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom