How many beardies do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemiluc

I currently have 2 and I just adore them. I've been noticing that a lot of people have 3 or more.
Aside from the extra cost/extra space, how much harder do you feel it is to have more then 2?
I want to know what I'd be getting into if I adopted another one. And yes, they would all have
their own Vivs (hence the extra space question).

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I have 3.. they all range in ages from 13 months old, 11 months old, and 3 months old.. I didn't see too much of an extra cost in electricity.. the only problem is giving them all individual attention. I have 2 males and 1 female. The males can't be out together, and my female is the 3 month old, so she is still kind of crazy.. But the oldest one is my 15 year old daughters, so she takes him out quite often... And as they get older, they dont' eat as many feeders, right now my baby eats tons.. but that will go away in about 8 months :D

Currently I have 2 beardies,18 months old, a male and a female. My youngest son is the best, he cleans the cages for all the reptiles. As the female is about to lay eggs, I am assumming that I will have at least 1 more. We also have a Savannah monitor and a ball python.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
I have three now. The babies just turned 3 months and they can cost me a ton in feeders because they are still growing. I rescued a mostly blind beardie named Ray who is 2 years old. Ray is much cheaper to feed. :D I always tell people that dragons are the only pet I have ever had where it's cheaper to feed them when they are grown.

guzgal

our first beardie turned 1yr old last month and we just added a 2nd baby beardie, couldn't be happier! but, really, if it wasn't for the space issue, we'd probably have 10!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have 5 adult beardies, all rescues or adopted. Our biggest is our youngest, Rubio is 3 yrs old, 21" long & over 800g. Sweetie is our only female, she's 5 yrs old & 480g. Lonzo is our oldest, he's 8 yrs old & 550g. Leo is our latest rescue, he's 17" long & 476g. Didi is my foster beardie, his mom is in Japan. He's bright orange/yellow, 17" long & 398g. I really enjoy having them, they're very affectionate, they all love cuddling & running around my living room which is beardie proofed, they all get a turn out once a day before I head out for work.
Deb

jemiluc

Original Poster
Hey, thanks for all the responses! It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a beardie addiction :mrgreen: I would love a snake, Kenyan Sand Boa-the black and purplish kind-there's a name for it, can't remember it. But a very lound NO!!!! was the response to getting one :cry:

@lauraj1055 - I love the name Butters - how did you decide on that?
And can I ask what's wrong with Ollie, or he just a picky eater?

@sweetiepie9 - Rubio is a beast - LOVE IT!!! <3
I hope my boys grow up to be like him!

Thanks again for sharing :blob5:

jemiluc

Original Poster
im2tired2dance":32v7niw7 said:
Currently I have 2 beardies,18 months old, a male and a female. My youngest son is the best, he cleans the cages for all the reptiles. As the female is about to lay eggs, I am assumming that I will have at least 1 more. We also have a Savannah monitor and a ball python.

Babies, how exciting! They are so cute, but I'm finding they can really make you worry.
Will this be her first clutch?

jemiluc

Original Poster
Sierra1167":16cbj7iz said:
I have three now. The babies just turned 3 months and they can cost me a ton in feeders because they are still growing. I rescued a mostly blind beardie named Ray who is 2 years old. Ray is much cheaper to feed. :D I always tell people that dragons are the only pet I have ever had where it's cheaper to feed them when they are grown.

I think that's hilarious- and good to know! My babies are eating like there's no tomorrow-but that's a good thing. I think it's great you rescued Ray. I'd be so worried about frightening him any time I'd try to pick him up - how do you handle that?

jjh1

Juvie Member
I have 3 beardies

Striker is 1.5 years old 21 inches 398 grams and is a true sandfire german giant.( Male )

Athena is 1 year od 19 inches long 448 grams and is a true sandfire x bred morph orange red ( Female )

Cleo is 3 months old 10 inches long dont have a weight she is a italian leatherback.( Female )

They all get time out to run around and explore they have a harnesses and bask in the sun.
Soak in the tub 3 times per week.

The cost isnt to much different babies eat alot more she goes through 200 pheonix worms a week. along with micro butters waxies. micro supers.

The big guys eat superworms butters waxies and they all eat veggies.

I also have a total of 8 pets

Joanne

BigD16

Juvie Member
I currently have 2. Would love to have more, but I keep telling myself no, lol. So I have 2, and my mom has 1 of her own.

sheri85

Juvie Member
i only have on 4 month old beardie. i'd have more than one, but i already have another reptile taking up space: my precious box turtle, whoopi. and with the two reptiles i don't have room for another tank just yet. my boyfriend promised me my own reptile room when we buy a house, though. :::evil laugh:::

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
sweetiepie9":n0zdg9xl said:
I have 5 adult beardies, all rescues or adopted. Our biggest is our youngest, Rubio is 3 yrs old, 21" long & over 800g. Sweetie is our only female, she's 5 yrs old & 480g. Lonzo is our oldest, he's 8 yrs old & 550g. Leo is our latest rescue, he's 17" long & 476g. Didi is my foster beardie, his mom is in Japan. He's bright orange/yellow, 17" long & 398g. I really enjoy having them, they're very affectionate, they all love cuddling & running around my living room which is beardie proofed, they all get a turn out once a day before I head out for work.
Deb

How do all your males get along? My males want to fight when they are out at the same time, so I always take them out in turns...

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
jemiluc":38hdtf43 said:
@lauraj1055 - I love the name Butters - how did you decide on that?
And can I ask what's wrong with Ollie, or he just a picky eater?
Thanks again for sharing :blob5:

Butters was named that because when Cheryl at Rio Reptiles was picking a girl for me, she had emailed me and told me she was a little Butterball.. So when emailing about her back and forth, we kept calling her Butterball. So, I told Cheryl that was going to be her name.. and I shortened it to Butters. Plus she is really yellow right now, but I think is going to be white as an adult, so the name fits her perfectly..

And as for Ollie, I really don't know what is wrong with him. I did leave my house with a big smile this morning because he ate 8 large reptiworms this morning... :blob8: I was so proud of him. He used to eat greens, but stopped.. for 4 months only pooped every 19 days, and had hard urates.. I didn't know it was because he was dehydrated, I thought it had to do with calcium.. But now that he gets watered down slurries every day or every other day, he poo's every 3 days, but it is pure liquid. I am just at a loss with him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom