How long should basking light be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
beardlover":19681 said:
The Virus -Beardies are just like every other living creature in regards to their ability to adapt. If we get cold we shiver, too hot and we start to sweat. Limiting your beardies light, heat, food, etc will not harm him right away, he will try to adapt and if he can't he will die. Just because a beardie is surviving doesn't make him happy, healthy or have "normal wild beardie behaviour".

The 'why' you keep mentioning is important if you don't know the answer as to 'why' you are doing something then maybe you shouldn't be doing it. But you also (IMO) have to keep your mind open to the idea that just because you have an answer to the all mighty 'why' question doesn't mean you are going about things in the best possible way. You need to take ideas and thoughts and point of views from as many different people in as many different situations before coming to a set conclusion.

Bearded dragons ar ereptiles they require heat to move and digest food. Turning there light off and having it run in 2 3 hour intervals per day is a really bad idea. Do the math that means 18 hours a day the beardie has no heat lamp. Am I the only one who thinks that is a very bad idea?

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
ghr15":d2b61 said:
Bearded dragons ar ereptiles they require heat to move and digest food. Turning there light off and having it run in 2 3 hour intervals per day is a really bad idea. Do the math that means 18 hours a day the beardie has no heat lamp. Am I the only one who thinks that is a very bad idea?

No heat lamp does not mean no heat. They did state that 80-85F is the desired ambient temp. What Bloodbank did not state was how they achieve this.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
RedInkAus":79ebe said:
ghr15":79ebe said:

No heat lamp does not mean no heat. They did state that 80-85F is the desired ambient temp. What Bloodbank did not state was how they achieve this.

But if that is the case you may as well use a heat lamp for the heat since unless you have a room full of reptiles it is not a good idea. Also even so I do heat my reptile room but that simply means I can dim the basking lights but they are simply dimmed to not be as hot they are still on for 12 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom