How long can they be kept out of the viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
i was just wondering this, and figured this was the most fitting section.

How long can i keep my beardie out of his viv? i mean, i'm not talking silly times like a week or so xD

i had him out playing for 10 minutes earlier but got worried because i don't know if he would get cold or not?
and i red of people taking their beardies to shops etc, soooooo...

does any know how long they are good to go?
i'm assuming it's a lot shorter in winter?

Thanks!

Livey

Extreme Poster
It really depends on how warm your house is,
I have a wood burning stove so my house is usually BOILING ! :D
So mine come out anything from 10 mins to 2 hours.
And I have never ever taken mine to the shops, Its faaarr too cold..

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, i just went to the shop and i was like "he's NEVER coming out in this!" ^^

my room is pretty warm, with the central heating and his tank, i think it's about the same as the cool side of his tank, maybe warmer, i'll have to check sometime :p

Livey

Extreme Poster
its 30 C in the living room lol and they seem to be happy at the temp
I dont think even in summer i took them out, as it wasn't even warm enough then lol

Jess

Extreme Poster
Dudley will get more stress marks and darker coloring when he starts to get cold, so thats when I put him back. :) Unless he is cuddling with me & falling asleep, or if we go to the store together. I usually dont keep him out too logn though.

alkemisten3

Hatchling Member
I think I read somewhere that you can feel on their belly and more or less notice when they are a little bit cold (more slow then)...
My temps in the apartment are pretty cold, as I never use heating due to living where I live... I do take her out like 10 minutes max on the stone floor and 20-30 minutes to bask in the sun with open windows.
Floor must be around 15-18 C degrees and room around 22-25 C degrees. And if you dont know it in fahrenheit, GOOGLE IT.
Thanks!

If I take Chester out during the day it's only for about 10 minutes. However, I usually take him out about hour 11 of the basking lights being on and let him play/run/climb until he poops out. I figure he would have been hunkering down for bed anyway and the tank would have been cooling to about room temp. If I want to take him out to the store or friend's houses, I wrap him in a blanket and sandwich him in between my t-shirt and hoodie, and put my winter jacket on over that. When we get where we're going he feels as toasty as when I pull him off of his basking log. I've had him out for 3-4 hours that way and he's been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom