How has your beardie helped you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has your beardie helped and improved your life, whether physically of mentally? For example, Puff likes to rest vertically in the middle of my chest (with his nose touching the bottom part of my neck), so I can't just bend over to pick things up without him falling, so I squat. From doing this I've noticed my back isn't hurting as much (proper lifting you know) and my legs are stronger. I thought I was just getting a pet and companion when Puff caming into my life but little did I know I also got a personal trainer :whip:

taransteve

Sub-Adult Member
Since I've gotten Zues n Seuzy I've saved a ton of money in pest control... and I have 24/7 cuddle beardies.. :love5: so I smile more often

all the crickets, roaches and other squirmies know not to come around our house! :whip: :angry5: :whip: :angry5:

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
jenngib":3ae0uz7u said:
How has your beardie helped and improved your life, whether physically of mentally? For example, Puff likes to rest vertically in the middle of my chest (with his nose touching the bottom part of my neck), so I can't just bend over to pick things up without him falling, so I squat. From doing this I've noticed my back isn't hurting as much (proper lifting you know) and my legs are stronger. I thought I was just getting a pet and companion when Puff caming into my life but little did I know I also got a personal trainer :whip:

My LouLou ( Louie) does the same thing!! Everynight she lays like that, and that's how she falls aslepp. I just love it.

My beardies have helped me appreciate animals more. I was never much of a pet person, but after having LouLou here, and seeing how she loves me, I can totally appreciate the love people have for pets! I would be lost without her, and my new one..baby Mickey!

jenngib

Original Poster
I love it too! Once he gets in this position and cuddles with me I can't bare to move him, even for laundry!

BigD16

Juvie Member
My beardies helped me alot mentally and emotionally, For only being 16 i've already had a hell of a life, which includes: a life threatening sickness that puts me into the hospital for a surgery every few years, battling depression, and other various things having to deal with depression.

My beardie helps me smile more often and gets me up and active, and you cant foreget his beardie hugs, those help!

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Every morning I wake up looking forward to seeing my babies, and my kids too.... LOL ! I have met some really nice people, on here and other boards, and even in my neighborhood just by walking around with a beardie on my shoulder!

They definitely make me laugh,and smile a lot! I can't imagine life without them!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
phoenix has helped to open up a whole new world to me! on here i have met some great people and i'm meeting even more now that i'm going to the reptile shows! I'm not a people person but by meeting people with the same intrests he has helped me to better myself :D I love him...

oh and the other thing, is i think he knows when i'm upset or stressed out :banghead: and hwen i hold him he will crawl up my arm and get between my hair and my neck and cuddle close to me... :love5:

theclub83

Hatchling Member
walking around with walter on my shoulder makes it easy to start conversations with people (sometimes the opposit), this has always been hard for me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We have lost 2 beardies in the last couple of months; Angel died in Feb & Dino died a couple of weeks ago. These were rescues that we were trying to bring back to good health. Angel had kidney problems that we weren't aware of until shortly before she died & we never knew what happened to Dino, as we only had for 5 days, when he died in my arms. As we still had 5 beardies, they helped soooo much to heal my heart. They all make me laugh, (I have a thread for Leo & the other 4 in Beardie Tales "leonardo") they do such funny things, especially now that the weather is warmer. They all love to cuddle, so that's helped both me & my husband. They're all in good health, which is an added bonus.

Beardies are great pets, all have such different personalities & we're grateful they came into our lives.

Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
TheWolfmanTom":8ho7br7p said:
Dozer pays the mortgage
You kill me! :laughhard:

My Pookie is my psychologist. I got him when I was going through a very rough period of my life and he gave me a purpose in life. I owe him for being here today.
If/when I have a bad day, a Pookie hug makes it all go away.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
While I'm fairly new to the BD world, it's teaching me to get over my fears of some bugs like crickets, worms (like pupae kind, earthworms don't bother me for whatever reason). I'm STILL not ready to approach the roach thing! (every hair is standing straight on end just thinking of that).

That's probably not a legit helping ...but since it's only been a few days, it was something I thought of. Had you told me last week that I'd be actually TOUCHING a cricket, I'd have told you, you were NUTS! I still use tweezers for the worms though LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom