How do you stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I started with one and grew to love him so much I really wanted another, but my husband was adamant about no more animals until we get a bigger place.
Then a good friend of his needed someone to baby sit his beardie for 4-6 months. I convinced hubby that we're the only ones who could take good care of her since we know what we're doing so he relented. Now he is absolutely in love with her, and depending on our friends situation in a couple months, we might get to keep her :D

I still definitely want more in the future...hubby really likes the red morphs while I'm in love with the snow colors. But we really don't have any space for them at the moment. He said when we get a bigger house I can make one of the rooms my reptile room...so here's hoping he remembers that when it happens, lol :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I started out with none :laughhard: then Pookie as a totally unplanned purchase. Just shy of 3 years later, I had Digi (again, totally unplanned, it just sort of happened). Then exactly 7 months and 2 days later, MoMo showed up.
(wow, I had completely forgotten that Digi and MoMo came into my life during the same year)

I'd been told many times since MoMo came home that I'm not allowed any more, that I'd be the crazy beardie lady if I did :roll:

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
LOL... You don't stop... We just got 3 at one time about 2 1/2 months ago... discussing where we could put more setups for a few more..oh well... there adorable

jjh1

Juvie Member
Got 3 beardies hubby said I couldnt have anymore so I bought a WaterDragon last week... he said no more beardies lol nothing about a WaterDragon.

I have 3 beardies 2 geckos 1 waterdragon 1 dog 1 hamster and lots of fish with a huge catfish

Halister

Juvie Member
We have 1 but I'm really pushing the will power for a beardie named mort at the pet store
But also 180 bucks is holding me back..for now :D

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I have 2 beardies, a male and a female. We purchased the Male first and then about a month later we had to have our female. We have two empty cages that we got for free, and I know we're going to have to put them to use, I mean you can't just have an empty tank and not use it that's wasteful!! The reptile expo is this weekend, I've been waiting 4 months, I'm afraid we are going to come home with a truck full of beardies!

-Kaleen

LindseyDawn

What stops me from getting another? My parents. I'd love another beardie, but my current living situations don't allow me to get another beardie. Berta is currently living with "grandma and grandpa" (AKA my parents) while I'm at college. Not to mention I wasn't necessarily allowed to get Berta anyway :wink: I decided that I wanted her so I surprised my parents with a new baby beardie! My dad is still less than thrilled about that decision.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We started with one beardie in 2006, then we adopted Lonzo in 2008, then my husband got a p/t job as a reptile keeper & we then had 2 more rescued babies, then we were given a rescue from a neighbour. Then we found Angel & took her in. So that's alot of beardies. Issy & Angel passed away in spring 2010, so now I have 5 adults, in a I bedroom apartment. You could say they take up more room than me! But I just love them all, they're my babies & I wouldn't change anything. I have 4 males & 1 females. The boys are in the living room/dining room & Sweetie is in my bedroom. So they all fit & don't forget my gecko, Rocco, he's 3 yrs old & is a beautiful Maylasian Golden gecko. So they all keep me hopping! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Mind you, I'm having to realize that there won't be anymore. That's willpower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom