How do you stand it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
We ran out of our cricket shipment again, so I ran by a local "pet shoppe" to grab a couple hundred to tide us over a day or so. I had never been in this store, though I knew my DS used to buy supplies for the guinea pigs there. When we walked in, the first thing we saw was a ferret. His cage size was fine, but there was probably 4 days of pooh in the corners. Ok, well, maybe they are just about to clean it. So, we started back toward the reptile area... Ugh. The cages were dirty and many of them were very poorly sized. There was a older juvenile or near adult dragon in a cage that was probably about 10-15 gallon sized. He had 1 light, and it was a uvb coil. There were no veggies or water in any of the reptile cages. They also were selling cats and dogs (which I don't think should ever happen in a pet store) We won't even talk about the size cage they had a 4 month old English Mastiff in.

Before I owned BDs, I would have noticed the ferret and the dog, but the reptile stuff would have gone right past me. Now, I'm angry and upset and won't ever support that store again. :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately, almost all pet stores are this way. And it makes me angry too, almost to the point where i want to buy all the bearded dragons in the store or give the workers and the owners a harsh scolding.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
It is very terrible what so many pet stores get away with. You would think animal services would reguarly check in on them but they don't :angry5:

BDMom22

Juvie Member
beardie1434":44ab8 said:
It is very terrible what so many pet stores get away with. You would think animal services would reguarly check in on them but they don't :angry5:

Very true! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom