How do you share the love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Clovis is a little spiky snugglebutt and loves to snooze on me. Right now we do not have the money or the space to devote to another beardie, but for those who are fortunate enough to have more than one spiky baby, how do you give everyone floor and snuggle time without fights?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
littlebirdy":r5mdq6x6 said:
Our Clovis is a little spiky snugglebutt and loves to snooze on me. Right now we do not have the money or the space to devote to another beardie, but for those who are fortunate enough to have more than one spiky baby, how do you give everyone floor and snuggle time without fights?

It is rather difficult, best to share the responsibility. I have 4 dragons, I know for a fact they get jealous when they are not chosen to be held. It is hard, I often think about it and feel maybe I am not doing the best job I can be doing but, I am always hard on myself it is my way to improve. But, yeah, only way to do it is with help from someone else. :wink:

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Have 2 people that the Dragons can cuddle on is a good way to start. You can share the responsibilities of cuddling with them and playing with them. If you build a big enough pen or have a large enough bath tub you can allow the dragons some time together if they get along. Since it's not in their actual habitats they may enjoy or tolerate each others company in a warm bath or a play area. I do not have 2 dragons, but been contemplating a second since my fiancee gets jealous when Drachen climbs over to me while the 3 of us are laying on my bed together. If I get another I want to wait until I know if Drachen is a male or female so I can either breed or possibly have 2 females and less territoriality.

Kylie

My 2 beardies are 4 year old brothers & have lived together since birth. They are the best of friends & I've never seen them fight or show any signs of aggression towards each other.

When it comes to cuddle time I haven't had a problem yet. I put both of them of chest & sometimes they'll both stay there until I move them (I've slept with them on me for 7 hours one day). Other times Snuggles will cuddle for a few minutes & then leaves me & Legless while he runs around the house like crazy. He'd much rather do that! Legless meanwhile, will happily cuddle up to me forever...

I'm always really careful to give them the same amount of kisses & mummy-talk so they don't feel left out. And before I put them to bed at night I bring Snuggles back for another hug. They cuddle up to each other & then fall asleep on my chest all cosied up. If they don't get their sleeping cuddles, they black beard me the next day to let me know they're not happy :-x

I know most people will tell you that 2 beardies can't be housed together (jealousy, fighting etc), but from my experience, some can be. It depends on their personalities. Just remember to show them equal love so you can't bred jealousy between them..

Here's a few photo's of my babies hugging. They're so cute!

Enclosure-Hugs.jpg

Bath-Hugs.jpg

Mum-Hugs-1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/Dragon_Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom