How do YOU prepare salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
I'm just curious as to how others on the forum do salad.

-What all veggies do you use?
-Do you just tear up the leafy greens and mix?
-Anyone using a food processor/chopper?
-What do you store it in to stay fresh?

Any input is appreciated!!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've been trying out something similar to Chop that parrot owners make. Last night's batch I buzzed in the food processor to save some time, but forgot to take pictures to update my thread. I pop it in the freezer in silicon trays and then bag those for later use.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=223323

This batch has:
Black berries
Mango
Sugar snap peas
Broccoli
Butternut squash
Summer squash
Red pepper
Supervegi + bee pollen + probiotics

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's great. Wht food bowl are you using? Mine likes to scatter food everywhere so maybe a better bowl would help keep that down

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
AcceptableGeek":2v9c4mli said:
That's great. Wht food bowl are you using? Mine likes to scatter food everywhere so maybe a better bowl would help keep that down
I just use a plate - it ends up scattered everywhere but the cleaner crew has it taken care of by the next morning, two birds for me there.
I've found the scattering is usually when he is tromping through, so if you have a lower traffic area of the enclosure maybe he could keep it tidier?

my mix normally includes collards chard red pepper other greens (endive kale etc) along with blueberry and cantaloupe. how i store it is in plastic containers but for my greens i have some that have an air hole at the top

mommacude

Hatchling Member
Thanks for posting this. I've been doing like three kinds of greens and I've tried adding shredded winter squash but he has no interest. I didn't think about blueberries or cantaloupe.

mommacude":dbsxty3k said:
Thanks for posting this. I've been doing like three kinds of greens and I've tried adding shredded winter squash but he has no interest. I didn't think about blueberries or cantaloupe.
your welcome i wouldnt give them too much what i do is cut up a few pieces of furit just to top it off i have also fed them apples and mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom