How do people respond to your dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
pogvitt":2pltf545 said:
My mother-in-law used to be terrified of lizards. However, I think Spike won her over - he was injured a little while ago, and she brought over a heating pad so he would stay warm while he slept :D

All that is so sweet,
I remember the first day i went to get Nu, my parents allowed me to buy her but dident like it....
My mum took to her like a moth to the light, buys her bugs when she`s out,
My brother hugs nu to sleep
and my dad only tells me how much he loves when hes drunk :p lol
i dont think anyone really understands them properly until you own one

Olivia x

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
I live in a small college town and it's usually pretty cool year round, we rarely get in the 80's during the summer, so not many people in town have reptiles.
A month ago, I needed more doggy bags for Tiberius' poo cleanup so I took him to the ranching store that just got put in, they have packs of black doggie bags that are GREAT for cleaning up! I got some weird stares as I was walking through the store and the lady at the counter thought he was a toy and when he moved she got surprised and asked what he was. I put him on the counter so she could see him better and told her his name and what he was and she was absolutely fascinated. She loved how his back scales felt and gave me a 10% discount on the baggies and told me to bring him back any time!

Aside from her, I usually get weird questions and stares XD
"Why would you get that? A dog is more fun" some kid said to me
I told them that he's easier to take care of and he doesn't shed constantly like a dog does. He doesn't bark, he doesn't need to be let outside all the time to go to the potty, he's more cuddly and doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night to go potty.
The kid just kind of stared at me and shrugged.
I personally like reptiles more than mammals XD Except kitties. I like kitties. kitties. kitties. kitties. o3o

uhmm well i kinda haven't told other family members i'm getting a beardie :lol: :mrgreen: Mum use to 'own' a thorny devil and yeah but my auntie mum's sister) is really antsy about stuff i do, mum doesn't mind me getting a beardie as long as it's in my room but if my auntie knew she'd have a go at my mum for letting me have one. i'm always compared to everyone in my family, i guess you could say i'm the black duck of the family so i get picked on alot.

i'm 23 and will do as i please! i asked mum if i could have a beardie and she said yes so it's not like i did it behind her back. now i'm going to spoil him rotten!!!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
jeserah":28p9aa4x said:
I think it turns out that men are sissies. Obviously not the guys on the forum, but all the rest! :p
Haa haa, my neighbor is a policeman in our town, and he is terrified of ours. I had Crash on my shoulder (21.5 inches long, and about 700 grams) and just walked over to talk to him, and he about pee'd his pants. I apologized 20 times over, I had no idea, and we really like this guy. I felt so bad! But now he watches to see if I've got a dragon on me when I pull in the driveway ... if I do, he'll steer clear until I go put it away.

We have gotten lots of strange looks going places, the best was when we went on a family walk to the library, the librarian almost fainted. Then to Walgreen's to grab something, and all the younger clerks were fascinated. The lady at our local McD's said "what is that?" thinking Crash was a toy... then he moved and she screamed. We had to stifle our giggles so they didn't spit in our fries... but then you could hear all the commotion, and by the time we got to the next window to retreive our food, there were 4-5 teenagers who wanted to see "the cool lizard thing".

I would never purposely freak someone out, but I see it as helping educate the public in a positive way -- if they want to touch or pet mine, that's cool -- I teach them how. I don't let them handle my big dragons, tho.

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
They respond like the following.....

surprised-face1.jpg

BigD16

Juvie Member
Most everybody I talk to seems to absolutely love my beardies. My mom has loved them since I got my first female Shadow a few years ago at a show, My grandma's starting to like them and is glad I got rid of my iguana and got into the beardies. My Aunt and Uncle take care of my cricket supply and both of them absolutely seem to love them. The only person in my family who doesnt seem to really have much opinion about them is my older brother. But if anybody here has an older brother or sister, you know what the Big sibling Little sibling relationship is like anyways. Then finally.... There is the UPS man. Even when he is delivering something here that came a few days before my crickets or something that my mom ordered, He always takes the time to stop and talk to me and ask me how both of my beardies are doing.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
haha that is better than my UPS guy. He doesn't mind the beardies but he is horrified of the bugs. He always does the "creepy bug dance" all the way to the door when we order bugs. I laugh so hard at this big man that is horrified of these little bugs especially since they are in boxes.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
it really is. The only reason I don't LMAO is because is so darn cute. Now we have dubia colony started and don't get bugs much. so I won't get to see it as often. I guess we will still have to order the ocassional butterworm order so I can see it :twisted:

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Sangheili":vsmqj0qn said:
"Why would you get that? A dog is more fun" some kid said to me
I told them that he's easier to take care of and he doesn't shed constantly like a dog does. He doesn't bark, he doesn't need to be let outside all the time to go to the potty, he's more cuddly and doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night to go potty.
The kid just kind of stared at me and shrugged.
I personally like reptiles more than mammals XD Except kitties. I like kitties. kitties. kitties. kitties. o3o

Personally i think Reps are more fun than dogs :p

dogs are no way near as hands down cool as beardies are :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I brought Sarth up to my husband's grandparent's cabin for Thanksgiving weekend. There were about 16-20 people up there this year, and I was surprised how much everyone fawned over him! Lots of cooing and baby talking! Sarth was quite pleased too, he just pancaked himself out on my hand and let everyone pet him. When we were getting ready to leave last night I had him wrapped in his shirt+heat pad and handed him to my aunt to hold while I picked up my purse, and she was rocking him like a little baby, lol

I don't have a beardie yet but I love reading all the responses. It reminds me of myself the first time I saw this really old lady, 80 something maybe, and I looked at her and saw this huge bearded dragon on her shoulder on a leash...I was in shock. :shock: That thing was either really big or she was really small because he looked pretty close to her size. LOL :lol: And the second and so far final time I've seen a beardie is when this guy named Reptile Redd had one on his shoulder, no leash, working at Petco and he looked at me funny because I didn't find this normal and he did. He said "you wanna pet him?" sarcasticly. Don't get me wrong he's really nice and all but he seemed like he had gotten that a lot that day :lol:

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom