How do I move with my bearded Dragons????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving in 2 weeks to Texas from New York.We are Driving my husband will be driving the kids the hamster and two cats in our Explorer. I will be driving the U haul with our chihuahua Gizzy , 1 year old Bearded Dragon Fae, 6 month old Bearded Dragon Wayvern and 4 month old Bearded Dragon Stubby. It is a 21 hr drive but add a few hours for gas stops and whatever. We will be driving straight there no stop for the night. I want it done and over with. All three of my bearded dragons have there own tanks, the only time they are together is bath time and when I take them out everyday to let them play. Fae my 1 year old I am not really worried about her I am sure she will be fine. Wayvern my 6 almost 7 month old is getting really big so he should be fine. My main worry is Stubby. He was sick, small and hurt when I adopted him from pet smart. He had a broken arm , the tip of his tail had been bitten off and she just looked sick. I have him all fixed up and eating well he has filled out and is doing great now.But can he handle a trip like that? Oh and he is scarred of the other 2, when they are close he hides or just wont move at all expect for there daily play time in the bath tub. they all love the water. Can someone plz give me some tips on what I can do to make sure they all get there ok.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I suggest many hand warmers, a hot water bottle, paper towel and hornworms. The hot water bottle will hold heat for a few hours to save on the hand warmers. Paper towel for messes and hornworms for hydration. :wink: There is no doubt that they may be very stressed but as long as they have heat I wouldn't worry about it too much. Think of how many babies are shipped world wide in a little box :shock: I hope more people chime in here for more ideas but I think they'll all be just fine. :D

wizbee

Juvie Member
How about using the heat strips you activate for your back? They stay warm for hours too. Anyone ever use those?

AshleyLamper

Original Poster
wizbee":27z0rrjp said:
How about using the heat strips you activate for your back? They stay warm for hours too. Anyone ever use those?
I think the meds on them might hurt the dragons!

AshleyLamper

Original Poster
morphmom":22yuzig5 said:
I suggest many hand warmers, a hot water bottle, paper towel and hornworms. The hot water bottle will hold heat for a few hours to save on the hand warmers. Paper towel for messes and hornworms for hydration. :wink: There is no doubt that they may be very stressed but as long as they have heat I wouldn't worry about it too much. Think of how many babies are shipped world wide in a little box :shock: I hope more people chime in here for more ideas but I think they'll all be just fine. :D
Thank you for your reply. I think the head warmers and hot bottles of water would be good. I also have cold or hot packs that would work too. but only for the first 5 hrs that is all they can hold the heat for unless I can find a microwave on the road. lol

AshleyLamper

Original Poster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom