How do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

Hey, guys I'm wondering how do I know if my Beardie has eggs in her and does she have to mate to have eggs? Another thing is do I need to make a special area for her to lay them and how often do Beardie's lay eggs?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
she dosnt have to mated to have eggs, they are like chickens they produce them but their not fertilised. Typlical signs are weight gain, restless ness, digging and sometimes you can feel little marbles in her belly. There is no way to be 100% until she a) lays b) you have an x-ray to confirm.

If you think she had eggs she will need a lay box, so a large rubber maid container with 12" of a sand/top soil mixture, which is damp (sandcastle consistency not soaking wet) some people have it separate from the tank with a small heat source and a lid, others keep it in the cool end of the tank. You may have to start a tunnel for her and if its her first time she may well take her time figuring out what to do. If she has eggs she should start to dig like nuts, once shes finished she will cover them back up which is when you should give her a nice long soak and as many feeders as she wants in a week.

They can lay eggs well, 2-3 weeks apart really. They start as follicles which descend and get a hard shell where it becomes the egg. she can be producing new follicles while she is laying the eggs.

hunter94

Original Poster
Buggsy":37j5hrwr said:
she dosnt have to mated to have eggs, they are like chickens they produce them but their not fertilised. Typlical signs are weight gain, restless ness, digging and sometimes you can feel little marbles in her belly. There is no way to be 100% until she a) lays b) you have an x-ray to confirm.

If you think she had eggs she will need a lay box, so a large rubber maid container with 12" of a sand/top soil mixture, which is damp (sandcastle consistency not soaking wet) some people have it separate from the tank with a small heat source and a lid, others keep it in the cool end of the tank. You may have to start a tunnel for her and if its her first time she may well take her time figuring out what to do. If she has eggs she should start to dig like nuts, once shes finished she will cover them back up which is when you should give her a nice long soak and as many feeders as she wants in a week.

They can lay eggs well, 2-3 weeks apart really. They start as follicles which descend and get a hard shell where it becomes the egg. she can be producing new follicles while she is laying the eggs.
Alright, thank you, I will get a rubber made box with damp sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom