how do i know if my eggs are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmons

my eggs have been incubating for 2 weeks now, they haven't collapsed or gone mouldy or anything like that but how do i know they're still ok? its kinda cold here in the uk/my house so i dont' really want to take them out of the incubator any more than really necessary and i dont think i'm co-ordinated enough to 'candle' them! and presumably that would only tell me if they're fertile/growing, not if i had inadvertently cooked/frozen them in the last 24hrs (hovabator seems to fluctuate temps quite a bit, thought i had it stable but then off it goes again!) is it purely a case of wait and see? if so at what point should i give up on them?

lemmons

Original Poster
i've just weighed the sandwich containers that have the eggs and vermiculite in, after 2 weeks they have all gained weight, one of teh sandwich containers has vermiculite that is more moist than the others, the eggs in that one are visibly bigger, but the others don't appear to be - although they weigh more than they did last week - i was trying to weigh them to work out how much water to replace by evaporation - how much should i add? have i overdone it with the moisture in that one? or are the others likely to be dead? they havne't collapsed or anything. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardeddragonmrkiwi
Top Bottom