How did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielovers

Hatchling Member
I do not know if this is the right place but i was looking on the bd.org site and see ALOT of breeders. Then my mind started going :) and i was thinking of all the time, care and money that goes into breeding and starting asking myself how everyone got into it? Did you just get your first one and went from there or did you start with the plan to breed??? I am just curious that all, and love beardies ALOT:) So if anyone or more than one want to post a how you began, I would love to read it.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
The thought of breeding really came after we got Daisy from FireandIce. She was beatiful, we paid top dollar for her and after talking to and emailing various breeders I felt that good customer relations was lacking in some of these companies. We started putting together a collection, and fine tuned our business plan, but you're right love and investment capital are the keys. Honestly, there is not enough money in this to make it worth while, we just love dragons. My wife and kids help with them all. It has become a true labor of love, and we absolutely enjoy selling beautiful dragons to expectant customers.

There were lots of bumps in the road along the way, but our first clutches made it all worth while.

Jeff

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
Well, the hubby and I are just starting. I got the bug for a bd a long time ago, ended up with a corn snake and a uromastyx. I decided that I wanted to breed the corn snakes, and my hubby finally said yes to a dragon! One became another and another and another. He started making me melamine cages and here we are. I have a business plan in mind, but we are doing it for fun. We haven't had any eggs yet, we are trying to build up our breeders, and I am trying to do the pain staking task of creating a web site. Heck, I went to school for it, and still cant figure it out! Dragons are so much fun. They each have a different personality. We are hoping to have our first clutch this year as we have an adult female we are just looking for a male that is of age, wont break the bank, but is still beautiful!

Are you thinking about breeding?

Stephanie

Oh and look for us in the future....my website will be http://www.dragonzncornz.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom